1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advertising on this forum a big nono!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by brad1102, Feb 9, 2004.

1. brad1102

brad1102 Guest

Tonight I found several newbies advertising their install 'services' on our forum.

The thing that bothers me is that we don't know who you are. First of all - if you were a Member or Senior Member, my opinion may differ - but a n00b advertising for install services....come on.

First of all - this forum is a place to come for advice/education on modchips and installations of such. Therefore members sitting back and allowing newbies to advertise their 'services', without any reputation at all on this forum is completely ludicris!

We don't know you - who you are - what you know etc - so please refrain completely from any advertising.

Before I get flamed here let me explain where I am coming from - I come to this site to help people asking for it - that is - helping members mod their own systems.

I don't know any of you newbies - you just made a quick account at aD and all of a sudden you are experts on modding charging X# of $ for your 'services'.

This is not the place n00bs!

2. fly_low

fly_low Member

newbie means new to posting on these forums.
    It does not mean new to the modding world or to electronic technologies and experience in any way.
    for you to dump on anyones business based on the fact that they are a noob in this forum is unacceptable.
    where is the line drawn? You come to this site to help people asking for it - that is helping members mod their own systems? If thats true then don't have a site where noobies can have access. have a site where memberes can only help members. I'm sure it will be real popular.
    what happens when people ask where to get help? Where to get there chip installed?
    What is the best site to buy modcips? What modchip should I install? What is the best media to use? Where do they have the cheapest prices for media? Whats type of dvd burner should I buy? Isn't this advertising? Do you know these people Brad? Do you know the peole who made the MAFIA game
    are they paying you to advertise it on AD? Dont shit where you eat Bradley
    "CHEERS"

3. brad1102

brad1102 Guest

Actually I believe you are wrong. I have no affiliations with the makers of Mafia, nor the chips, installers or media I frequently recomend - meaning I gain nothing financially.

When you solicit other members of this forum with your 'services' for a price you have come to the wrong place because this is definately against the aD rules.

I would never recomend anybody on this forum package their system up and mail it off to another member for modding, nevermind a member that is unknown by other aD members.

As far a recomending installers - I'm all for it, but not when the installer is yourself.

Beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel [bold]fly_low[/bold]?
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][bold]NOW PLAYING[/bold]
    [​IMG]
    [bold]un[/bold]reliable installs www.ps2modco.com[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2004
  4. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Advertising -- any kind of advertising of commercial services/products/etc -- is against our rules. If anyone chooses to advertise on our site or forums, they contact us and we'll negotiate an advertisement contract with them.

1.5TB of traffic per month + 5 servers isn't exactly a free hosting option, we need to cover our costs and we do so by selling ad space.

So, I suggest that when you see users advertising on forum posts their products, services, etc contact a moderator by PM and tell them the URL and ask them to look at the post and decide whether it violates against our forum rules or not.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Petteri Pyyny
    Webmaster
    http://AfterDawn.com/

Please read our guides before posting questions! Guides are available here:
    http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/[/small]

Last edited: Feb 10, 2004
  5. brad1102

brad1102 Guest

I started this thread because I have seen several members doing this lately - and if I had known it was going to turn into a big debate/argument I would have PM'ed you instead. Apologies.

6. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Actually it is usually better if you PM a moderator instead of me, as I simply don't have time normally to go through these things :)