1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice for buying a psp

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by backupguy, Apr 15, 2007.

1. backupguy

backupguy Regular member

hi guys, im about to buy a psp. It's gonna be a white one but i dunno if itll be new or pre owned. probably new. I want to run games off the memory card im buyin (4 gb). And i heard devhook is the best program to use. Should i update my psp when i get it to the latest firmware. Is there a devhook that can run on the latest firmware? Or should i downgrade it to a 1.5 or whatever. I would rather use the latest firmware. So i can use the internet and play with my friends wirelessly over the internet using xbc or sumthin. So to sum it all up: ( links would be very handy )

What firmware version is best?
    What programs do i need to run games from the mem card?
    Can i still play these games multiplayer over the internet?
    Can i use the psp's web browser?

thanks for taking the time to read.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2007
  2. djmazz

djmazz Regular member

best off downgrading to 1.5 then upgrading to custom firmware like 3.03oe-c. you can do everything your wanting to do with that.
    theres a link in my sig to everything you need.

3. tokidoki

tokidoki Member

just update to 3.03 oe-c. you wont need devhook. get it from the winstaller sticky and you'll have the answer to all your questions.

4. psphak8o8

psphak8o8 Regular member

NOOO update to 3.30 OE-A...yea i did...

5. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

i love OE-C, but i can honestly say.......3.30 OE OWNS!!! thanks for the lag DAX!!!!

6. backupguy

backupguy Regular member

Right, when i buy my psp, i find out what version it is and get the corresponding 1.5 downgrader.

Then i plug it into my pc, and use the winstaller i d/loaded to put it to a 3.03 OE-C.

but im just curious. How do i run iso's from the memory stick if i dont use devhook? What loads them? Do they just appear in the games menu?

I had a 1.5 psp before, back at the first 2.0 downgrader. I had to put my isos' into a folder called ISO which was in the psp root. Then i had to run a program called MPH gameloader on the psp, which then gave me a list of my psp games.I sold my psp ages ago though, just when 2.6 was out i think.

Iv been away from the scene too long...

I was also told not to get a white psp as they have a certain motherboard that cannot be downgraded, is this true?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2007
  7. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

the firmware detects them, puts them in game

8. backupguy

backupguy Regular member

kl, that sounds a lot better than what i had to do. I just cant wait until i get one now man.