1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice needed for burning bin & cue file(alcohol 120% or nero?)

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by grimey57, Apr 23, 2004.

1. grimey57

grimey57 Guest

I want to burn a playstation game(245 mb bin file and 1kb cue file).

What is better to burn it with, alcohol 120%(if i use alcohol 120% what options should i check, because i barely know how to use this program) or nero?

2. Fatmir

Fatmir Member

Using alcohol 120 you can burn an iso even without cue file but because you have it you have better chance that cd to work on your psx if you have a chip.
    Open alcohol 120 then click Image recording wizard,
    then Browse the file you want to burn(note the alcohol will read only cue but don't worry it will burn whole file bin and cue),then where is drop menu
    you can select what file is cue,bin,iso depend what
    program created that file if you don't know just leave all files bin.cue,iso,nrg...Then next window appear, select speed 10x is good no higher,write
    method DAO\SAO and customize-play station and
    start to burn the file.Some games after burn if you try to play on PSX the SCEE screen will appear,but
    wait several seconds and the game will start.
    Don't use Nero to burn bin or cue files because
    all Nero versions doesn't support these files and
    nero can not burn properly if the bin file is riped from protected CD.

3. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

ISO files done have accompanying CUE files! :)

On a more serious note, for image burning, A120 takes the cake! :)

4. RobertDac

RobertDac Guest

Hello,

I tried to use Alcohol 120% to burn a bin-file. The burning-process itself succeeds with no errors, but windows doesn't recognize the format of the CD so I'm not able to open it. What could be the problem ?

My cue file looks like this
    FILE "ROSSGARFIELD.BIN" BINARY
    TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
    INDEX 01 00:00:00

The settings in Alcohol 120% are
    writing method : DAO/SAO
    write speed 8X
    Datatype : normal CD

greetz

5. Fatmir

Fatmir Member

There are to many explanations.
    From cue file appear to be PC game so you have to
    know does this bin file work,maybe is corrupted.
    Second some bin files are created or riped from protected cds in that case you have to choose option protected cd instead of normal cd (that is raw-dao,
    instead of dao-sao).
    Third you have to check disk information using alcohol 120 to see whether the disk contain the correct file size what you burned or not.
    Finally try to reburn again in different alcohol setting because without knowing couse you cant find the right answer so keep trying
    until you get the result.
    Try under settings, emulation to check ignore media type
    Always burn PC files on CD-RW so you can then
    erase the disc if doesn't work

Last edited: May 2, 2004
  6. Praetor

Check the BIN file for corruption? :)

=====
    To check if a CD Image has errors, fire up CDMage (http://cdmage.orcon.net.nz/frames.html), drag and drop the CD Image into CDMage. Then goto the Actions menu and select Scan for Corruption. If it is not an ISO then CDMage will proceed to scan for corruption (for some reason CDMage cannot scan ISOs). If it does find corruption it will display a listing of all the corrupt sectors. To have CDMage try to fix the corruption, right-click on each entry and select Fix. Make a backup before you do this! Note that if the image has more than 'minor' errors odds are that even though CDMage may no longer detect errors, the image is 'messed'. You should probably re-download or re-extract it. If you absolutely must check an ISO, first open it and then under the File menu, select Save As and CDMage will save it as a BIN/CUE. Now you can have CDMage check the BIN/CUE for corruption.

7. RobertDac

RobertDac Guest

Thanks for your help guys !! :)

--> I've downloaded CDMage, and indeed, the image-file is corrupted, so at least now I know what the problem is.

greetz
    Robert

8. Praetor

Glad we could be of assistance.