1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice Needed! Modding my 360.. .

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by JIiMm, Jul 5, 2007.

1. JIiMm

JIiMm Guest

By September I'm planning to purchase a 360 Elite and would like to protect my investment in expensive games such as Halo 3 by playing backups.

I need to be able to play Xbox 360 backups online and I'm not interested in constantly opening my case to update the firmware. (Although once or twice is alright.)

Would you guys recommend a mod chip or software/firmware hack? I'm confused about all the different methods of modifying an Xbox 360 and simply need to know what method is best suited for my needs.

Thanks,
    Jim

2. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

If you get an elite in september they will most likely come with a Benq drive that is none flashable yet....

Last edited: Jul 5, 2007
  3. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

first of all, firmware is by the far the fastest and easiest and cheapest way to play backups and "protect your investment". if you want an elite goto 360drives.com and check to see what manu.date you will need because you can't flash every drive the elite comes with right now, they are shipping with 78k, 79k and benq drives, and you can only flash the 78k drive ATM. so be careful, do some research, that way you are not dissappointed.

4. JIiMm

JIiMm Guest

Okay so I'm guessing I should stay away from mod chips like the NME 1.2? Thanks for the advice about the firmware though, I honestly would not have known that :p