1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice needed please

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by johnwarb, Sep 2, 2012.

1. johnwarb

johnwarb Member

Hi all, first of al apologies if this is in the wrong section!!

I am in the process of moving house and considering installing a satellite solution rather than the cable one in my current place. however I am unsure on what to go for and would appreciate some advice, I will be floodwiring the new house with CAT6 & coax to a central comms cabinet and here's what Im looking at achieving:

The ability to watch different PPV channels in different rooms (Lounge, bedroom1, cinema/play room)
    The ability to watch HD channels
    The ability to watch 3pm kick offs on a saturday
    The ability to record channels

Is this achievable with 1 satellite dish? do I need mulitpple boxes? am I beeter just subcribing to s*y

Also I have been looking at this dish but not sure if it will be suitable for any solution proposed:
    TechniSat Multytenne 4 Sats On 1 Dish No Motor Needed | eBay

Thanks

2. popeye10

popeye10 Regular member

The ability to watch different PPV channels in different rooms (Lounge, bedroom1, cinema/play room)
    you will need some kind of multiroom subscription.
    The ability to watch HD channels
    you will need a HD receiver such as Dreambox 800, Vu+
    The ability to watch 3pm kick offs on a saturday
    not allowed in the UK but a multisat cardshare can open the channels that the games show on.
    The ability to record channels
    you will need a HDD connected to the sat receiver, twin tuner such as on the Vu+duo will allow you to watch one channel while recording another.

Is this achievable with 1 satellite dish? do I need mulitpple boxes? am I beeter just subcribing to s*y
    you will need a motorised dish to get all the available satellites depending on your location.
    you will need multiple boxes.
    its a matter of choice whether or not sly is better for you.

Also I have been looking at this dish but not sure if it will be suitable for any solution proposed:
    TechniSat Multytenne 4 Sats On 1 Dish No Motor Needed |

with that dish you would be limited to just 4 satellites, a motorised kit would get you a lot more.

3. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

popeye sums it up perfectly. did a check recently on the amount of gear i bought over the last few years and without a doubt sky would have been cheaper. however i did it for the fun and had the time to spend at it :)