1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice on converting Mpeg3 to vcd/svcd

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by shorma, May 1, 2004.

1. shorma

shorma Guest

I want to convert a downloaded music video to vcd or svcd through VCDeasy and when I try to add the file, I get an error message saying "VCDeasy only accepts/analyzes multiplexed program streams. If this is a working MPEG file, check first that it is not an elmentary video or audio stream only, as a multiplexed program stream (video and audio, or MPEG still, or MPEG audio only) is required."

When I look at the properties of my file and check the summary, it says the audio format is an MPEG Layer-3. Obviously you cant convert this type of audio format to vcd or svcd. Can anyone please help me by suggesting a program that will convert MPEG Layer-3 to a format suitable for vcd or svcd. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Mpeg3 is "MP3" there is No video in a MP3 file it is Just Audio so your Music Video Might have Mp3 audio but that has nothing to do with the Video....
    I"m sure your Video file is an AVI file (It would say .avi at the end of the File Name) so you would need to encode the AVI File to Mpeg1/VCD or Mpeg2/SVCD Format useing a Mpeg encoder Like Tmpgenc, after encodeing to the Correct format you can use VCDEasy to Burn it to CD-R as a VCD or SVCD that you can Play on your DVD Player if it supports VCD/SVCD"s....

3. shorma

shorma Guest

I understand what you are saying but the file did not have .avi at the end. TMPGenc won't let me encode the file as when I try and load it in video it says "cannot open or unsupported." I think I can change the audio to MPEG1, but not the video. This is a rather complicated process I think. Surely there must be some step by step instructions I can get which will enable me to understand as I go?

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well What does the File have at the end??? This will tell me what Type of file it is so I can tell you how to go about converting it to VCD....