1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advise on putting a tv series onto 1 disc

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by compact, Mar 25, 2007.

1. compact

compact Regular member

Hi

I want to put a TV series, such as the Simpsons, onto 1 4.5gb disc. The files are already in avi format so half way there.

1) Would the quality be bad?
    2) What freeware tool would you suggest where I can make a menu without too much hassle.

At the moment I would use ALl2DVD for this, just curious of other tools that are as simple.

Cheers
    Stuart

2. chubbyInc

chubbyInc Regular member

Take The Simpsons Seasons as example, well thats normally 22 episodes or 4 DVD's, but keep in mind those DVD's are Dual Layered. You would have 1/8th the quality if that when converted into DVD files, so my opinion probably very bad quality. I think 3 episodes would fit on a normal DVD. Unless you want to keep them AVI and just hook the computer up to the TV.

3. jlg895

jlg895 Regular member

You could always get yourself a divx player.

Best buy sells one for 40-50. Its made by Toshiba. Just make a data dvd with said avi files and you should fit around 25 episodes onto one 4.7 disc.

If not,
    I use VSO ConvertXtodvd when I need a disc for someone else's house. It doesn't hold as much, but comes in really handy.

Or this is how i had started:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/1/272946

Last edited: Mar 25, 2007
  4. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

The Simpsons is upto like season 18, episode 16. No way you could fit every episode onto one disc. Or you mean just the first season? If the avi's fit, then they fit. If they don't, then they don't.

Sounds like you are talking about converting back to DVD video, in which case I don't get the reference about being half way there. When re-encoding, you should always start with the best source possible, which would be the DVD's, not some avi re-encodes.

5. compact

compact Regular member

Yep it was the first series

You probably would start with the best, if you had the best...

I am slowly thinking of getting either a streaming device (apple tv style, but with divx and xvid) or updating the dvd player so I don't have to mess around with all this converting..