1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ADVRCNTR2.DLL Problems

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by laredoboy, Feb 15, 2007.

1. kaithlyil

kaithlyil Member

Thanks a lot to aradhana - the Clean Tool suggestion worked.

= Mani =

2. rockysmom

rockysmom Member

I am having the same problem with Nero 6. I keep getting the error message that advrcntr2.dll is missing. I did a Google search, found it, downloaded it & extracted it everywhere I could think of. After reading this forum, I also extracted it to C:/program files/ahead/lib with no luck. Also, after reading the posts on this forum, I uninstalled Nero, restarted my computer, reinstalled Nero, extracted the file & I'm still having the same problem. I've even upgraded to Nero 6.6.1.15 and still get that dumb error message. I sent a message to Nero's support people the other day & so far, the only response I've had is the automated reply saying they got my message. Can anyone here help me? My hard drives are almost full with stuff I recorded off the TV & had planned on burning to DVDs this past weekend. This is driving me crazy. Thanks lots in advance.

3. kaithlyil

kaithlyil Member

4. kaithlyil

kaithlyil Member

See response from 'aradhana'. The suggestion is to download a Cleaning Tool from Nero Website and clean the Nero. Then reinstall the software. This probably happened because you tried to upgrade with Nero 7.0. I had similar problem and followed instructions in response by aradhana which worked very well.

=Mani+

5. aradhana

aradhana Member

I will repeat again.

***You are not extracting and downloading any DLL file to your PC.***
    Be careful some websites will install active x controls on your PC and extract all info.

How to remove the problem

Please follow the steps exactly. Do not rush.

Down load the All clean tool from Nero and save it on your desktop.
    http://www.nero.com/nero7/eng/General_CleanTool.html

Open Control panel- Then go to Add-Remove Program and delete All Nero Applications.

Run Nero clean Tool twice.( which saved on desktop)( select all options to remove)
    Then exit.
    Restart the computer.

Reinstall the Nero software.
    Restart the computer.

Now you will see everything works fine.
    Please write me back for more comments.
    aradhana1@juno.com

6. rockysmom

rockysmom Member

When I got home from work this evening, I printed out your original instructions and followed them to the letter. It worked like a charm. Thank you very much. I really appreciate all of the work you did to figure this out for the rest of us.

It's been almost a week since I first had this problem & requested help from Nero. I still haven't heard from them. In my book, the help you have given me and others makes you a hero.

Thank you again & God Bless you.

7. peter_sp

peter_sp Member

OO thank you aradhana i did the all things that u have said and it worked i am so happy i was tired of this DLL problems....just like the other people i had downloaded Nero 7 but it changed all my icons and made all my movie files start from the stupid nero movie program than i uninstall it and my problems with advrcntr2.DLL file have started
    I really think that the Nero time made something wrong with this program or it is some kind of trick....crafty trick
    Thank you again aradhana

8. moreno

moreno Member

9. moreno

moreno Member

Thanks aradhanaI did everything as you detail and I solved My big problem.
    Thanks!!

10. itgoddess

itgoddess Member

A fix that worked for me:
    Register the DLL in question after you've copied it to your c:\program files\common files\ahead\lib folder. Make sure you are logged into your computer with administrative rights and use the command
    regsvr32 c:\program files\common files\ahead\lib\advrcntr2.dll

Windows Vista note:
    Now to some techies this fix might seem natural. However, I'm running on Vista Ultimate (which is -long story- what started the whole problem) so it gave me some wacked out 0x80070005 error when I ran regsvr32 on it, due to the administrative roles being restricted. Now, the regsvr32 included with Vista won't let you change its properties to "Run as Administrator." So to get around this, I hunted down a different version of regsvr32, set its properties to "Run as Administrator" then was able to successfully register the advrcntr2.dll file. Zoikes!

This all started because my OEM version of Nero 6 that came with my DVD burner was incompatible with Vista. Don't ask how I got that to work. :p

11. bluepaul

bluepaul Member

i have the same problem but when i go to the nero web site it seems iam unable to download the cleaning tools i have nero 6 on my computer i have set my browser to accept all cookies and security to medium as sugested but no cleaning tools please help :((

12. bluepaul

bluepaul Member

its ok sorry the server must have been busylast night

13. jebbudite

jebbudite Member

Nero 6 and the annoying problem with ADVCNTR2.DLL is solved by: aradhana1@juno.com!! Thank you so very much. I follwed your advice and no more problems.

What's amazing is that those clown at NERO never once suggested a cure. I almost wiped out my enitre computer to start from sracth.

ARADHANA, let me ask you another question. Nero 6 does not allow me to capture Video directly from the TV. What is the solution?

14. booda

booda Member

I joined this forum so I could thank you aradhana. It worked great. Thanks so much hun.

15. B4D4PPL3

B4D4PPL3 Member

i downloaded the and extracted the file to ahead lib but im still getting the same error message. so now what should i try?

16. existing

existing Member

Ok..I just registered so I can tell you guys how I solved it..
    The dll in question is where it should be (you will find it if you look in c:\program files\common files\ahead\lib )

Problem is it somehow becomes unregistered and regsvr32 does not find it in this folder to register it again..

So, copy it from c:\program files\common files\ahead\lib to
    C:\WINDOWS\system32

and then, open run dialog from start button an enter :

regsvr32 C:\WINDOWS\system32\advrcntr2.dll

It will be registered there, and no more problems whatsoever

Hope it helps..

17. VFRHawk

VFRHawk Member

Had the same problem, did the Nero clean thing and re-installed Nero 6. No problems.

So thanks a lot for sorting this out.

18. chitaroar

chitaroar Guest

I recently started getting the error message about the advrcntr2.dll is missing whenever I want to watch a movie

It doesn't matter which player I use...the error message comes up relating to Nero

Because Nero was giving problems, I uninstall it, then try reinstalling, and get an error message also about 'BackitUp'

Nero then stop installing. I have install and reinstalling Nero for sometimes now w/o the problem

I have read the thread here, and followed aradhana's advice. The problem now is that the Ahead folder has been cleaned too. It's not on my computer now.

That's because I cleaned it because it had the 'BackitUp' folder in there

My ? is where would I now apply the advrcntr2.dll file?

If I install Nero, I still get the'BackitUp' error, and it will not install...etc

And if I try to watch a movie, I get the advrcntr2.dll error message.

Can someone please help? TIA

19. scully57

scully57 Member

To Fix this Problem is Very Simple.
    First go to DLL-Files.com Find and download advrcntr2.dll to your desk top. always run a virus scan on anything you download!
    Next:eek:pen file useing rar opener then drag dll file to desk top.
    Next: go to start/all programs/accessories/windows explorer/my computer/local disk (C:)/program files/nero/nero7/nero burn
    Now minimize screen were you can still see the files. and desk top at the same time.
    now drag and drop file into nero burn.
    Close everything
    and now everything is good to GOOOOOOO!

20. KrushBot

KrushBot Member

Aradhana,

Thanks for the advice. It worked like a charm. I can officially use Windows Movie Maker again!