1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ADVRCNTR2.DLL Problems

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by laredoboy, Feb 15, 2007.

1. aradhana

aradhana Member

Aradhana1;

I've been tearing my hair out trying for days to understand how to fix the "advrcntr2.dll" error message. It's been preventing me from using my DVD burner and even playing my home videos, despite removing and re-loading the Nero 6 suite multiple times.

I finally saw your thread in "after dawn". It worked! Thanks!

Selfless people like yourself make the web a wonderful learning resource. I wanted to thank you privately to avoid being spammed.....the net is also a very dangerous (to one's privacy) place....

Really appreciate your sharing this fix.

Best Regards,

William
    Singapore

2. Nika2000

Nika2000 Member

I've followed the procedure from this site and NOTHING happened. So, I've clean the computer manually (all files and directions with name *nero*, then checked with register booster if there are no register problems. THEN its tstarted to work. In fact, I've received an answer from NERO in 3 days after my request.
    Some info that might help:
    1. As far as I understand, folder "Ahead" is created by NERO's installation...
    2. Nero Clean Tool should be done after deleting all NERO files.
    Good luck!

3. avoidz

avoidz Member

I finally fixed the annoying ADVRCNTR2.DLL issue on my PC this evening - thanks for the help! :)

4. Salku

Salku Guest

this actuallly helped and i only registered to thank you for the
    easy understanding steps i had to take rather than the other one... thanks!

5. jitsterx

jitsterx Member

this was a frustrating problem for me- I did a search on advrcntr2.dll and found this thread at the top of the google list, so subscribed to the forum simply to post what the NERO folks told me. I basically had the same problem w/ that error (in Vista). I thought that installing Ultra Nero 8 would fix this. But alas it didnt. I wrote to their support. It took them a few days, but here is their response. Please note that I havent tried it yet as I only got their email a few min ago.

Dear Mr. XXX,

thank you for your e-mail.

To fix this problem, please proceed as follows:

Windows Vista:
    Delete the following folder:
    C:\Users\<Username>\Local Settings\Temp

Windows XP:
    C:\Documents and Settings \<Username>\Local Settings\Temp

Windows Vista:
    C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\Ahead

Windows XP:
    C:\Documents and Settings \<Username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Ahead

Windows Vista:
    C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\Nero

Windows XP:
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Nero

Rename the folder "Nero" in folder:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\
    into "Nero_2".
    When reinstalling Nero, the folder "Nero" will be created again.
    The Nero's DirectShow filters and Codecs will also be installed and registered again.
    As soon as the folder "Nero" is once again created in the directory
    C:\ Program Files\Common files\
    the directory "Nero_2" can be erased.

Make sure that you have your Nero 8 serial number ready.

Please proceed as follows to find your Nero 8 serial number in Nero ControlCenter:
    Click "Start" in the Windows start menu.
    Subsequently click the entries "All Programs"-"Nero 8”-"Nero ToolKit" – “Nero ControlCenter”.
    -> Nero Control Center will open.
    Click the "Licence" icon on the left side to see your serial number.
    -> Your serial number is displayed in the window on the right.
    Please write down your serial number.

Alternatively, you can also find your serial number in the Windows registry.
    Please proceed as follows:
    Click "Start" in the Windows start menu.
    Click the "Run" command.
    -> The window "Run" will open.
    Enter "regedit" in the "Open" text field and click the "OK" button.
    -> The registry window will open.
    You will find your serial number on the left side in the navigation tree.
    Simply go into the path
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Nero\Installation\Families\Nero 8\Info
    -> Your serial number is displayed next to the "Serial8" entry. It is structured as follows:
    1K2x-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx or
    2K2x-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx or
    9k2x-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx
    Please write down your serial number.

Now start uninstalling all Nero 8 applications from your computer using the Nero 8 CleanTool.
    Please proceed as follows:

Download the Nero 8 CleanTool, save this file to your desktop.
    http://www.nero.com/link.php?topic_id=109&gen_id=8
    Unzip the ZIP-file with WinZip or WinRAR and save the content to your hard drive.
    Double-click on the unzipped EXE-file to start the CleanTool.
    -> The window “Nero General Clean Tool” will open. The installed Nero version will be displayed.
    Activate the checkboxes in the displayed Nero version.
    Then click the “Clean” button.
    -> A status window will open.
    The execution of the tool may take several minutes.
    Please wait until the progress bar has moved completely to the right.
    In the window “Nero General Clean Tool” click the “Exit” button as soon as the erasing procedure is completed.
    Reboot your computer.
    -> The Nero 8 CleanTool has removed all Nero entries from your computer.

To install the latest Nero 8 version, please proceed as follows:
    (Note: do not install a previous Nero 8 version from an installation CD now, but download and install the latest version of Nero 8 from our website. All Nero 8 download versions have the full range of functions as an original Nero 8 installation CD. There is no need to install a previous version of Nero first.)

Download and install the latest Nero 8 version from our website using the following link:
    http://www.nero.com/eng/downloads-nero8-update.php
    Save this file to your desktop.
    Double-click the downloaded Nero 8 installation file to start the installation.
    Enter your Nero 8 serial number during the installation to make your Nero into a permanent version. (The download without a serial number is a trial version only).
    -> You now have a newly installed version of Nero 8 on your computer.

The folder "Nero" was created again in the directory
    C:\ \Program Files\Common Files\
    Folder "Nero_2" can now be erased if you haven’t already done so.

Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Best Regards,

Jörg Munz
    Nero Support

Nero AG
    Im Stoeckmaedle 13-15
    76307 Karlsbad
    Germany
    Fax : ++49 (0)7248 928 499
    http://www.nero.com

Vorstand: Richard Lesser (CEO),
    Aufsichtsratvorsitzender/ chairman of the supervisory board: Jim Corbett
    Amtsgericht Mannheim HRB 362519

My Nero - As a member of our online community, you can create your own blog and upload videos!

Curious? Find more information here:
    http://my.nero.com/

6. avoidz

avoidz Member

It's a pity Nero has become such a piece of bloatware over the years. Although it's still probably the leader in burning soft (due to its bundling with just about every burner in the world).

I use Nero, but only the Lite or Micro version.

7. Closmurda

Closmurda Guest

-->Directed at "aradhana"....THANK YOU!

8. markmatis

markmatis Member

9. Radsprite

Radsprite Member

How do I uninstall or delete NeroDigitalExt.dll? Only thing I can't uninstall.

10. jumpovita

jumpovita Member

Nero CleanTool can now be found at http://www.nero.com/ena/downloads-cleantools.html

11. heyoooo

heyoooo Member

hey so i have been having this problem for a VERY long time and decided to just uninstall nero. but that obviously didnt work and I have no idea where the disk is to reinstall it and find out the serial number. probably should have looked for that before uninstalling it. anyway, can anyone help me with the problem?
    note- i dont have the serial number

12. kmtarbi

kmtarbi Member

Does anyone have any more suggestions. I've tried everything in this entire thread. I am about 3 days away from completely re-installing my box. Nero has destroyed so many legitimate programs on my computer. Nobody should have to stand for this. This is an outright fraud !!! I use Picasa 3 and the Nero error continually comes up (ADVRCNTR2.DLL not found !!!). I started using Google desktop and the NERO error comes up. It comes up when I use a third part media player called GOM. The NERO software must inject itself into every part of any video or authoring software. It should really be outlawed !!! How many people do you know can stand a popup message every two seconds when they are trying to post a picture or view a video. Not too many.

I've run the clean software. I've deleted and re-installed Nero. I've system restored, I've taken away service pack 3 and then re-installed it. I've tried removing every instance of ADVRCNTR2.DLL in the entire registry. I've used 13 different dll cleaning agents and still the ADVRCNTR2.DLL not found comes up. When Nero was contacted they said they have nothing to do with the PICASA errors, however, it clearly states NERO at the top of the dialog box, which means, it’s their error, no matter how you slice it !!!!

13. kmtarbi

kmtarbi Member

aradhana-

I wish it wer that easy...here is a thread I just posted in anotehr section of AFTERDAWN.

please read---------->

Does anyone have any more suggestions. I've tried everything in this entire thread. I am about 3 days away from completely re-installing my box. Nero has destroyed so many legitimate programs on my computer. Nobody should have to stand for this. This is an outright fraud !!! I use Picasa 3 and the Nero error continually comes up (ADVRCNTR2.DLL not found !!!). I started using Google desktop and the NERO error comes up. It comes up when I use a third part media player called GOM. The NERO software must inject itself into every part of any video or authoring software. It should really be outlawed !!! How many people do you know can stand a popup message every two seconds when they are trying to post a picture or view a video. Not too many.

I've run the clean software. I've deleted and re-installed Nero. I've system restored, I've taken away service pack 3 and then re-installed it. I've tried removing every instance of ADVRCNTR2.DLL in the entire registry. I've used 13 different dll cleaning agents and still the ADVRCNTR2.DLL not found comes up. When Nero was contacted they said they have nothing to do with the PICASA errors, however, it clearly states NERO at the top of the dialog box, which means, it’s their error, no matter how you slice it !!!!

14. kmtarbi

kmtarbi Member

jitsterx

Tried your entire thread for NERO 8, and nope...nada.

I open Picas 3 or Google Desktop and teh same erro comes up the NERO Branding -

"advcntr2.dll not found or missing"

15. Muttle

Muttle Member

Thanks to "aradhana" - You solved my problem caused by NERO. They have been useless in helping. I found this site by surfing the problem. Your solution worked perfectly and quick.

16. Muttle

Muttle Member

I forgot to add a PS.

I will never again buy a product from Nero.