1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

advrcntr2.dll, was not found on my system

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by lmac222, Apr 22, 2007.

1. lmac222

lmac222 Regular member

Ok so i had trouble with the newest nero as i posted in a different section. So my first test was to delete nero 7, and go back to what worked for me. Now i get this message This program requires advrcntr2.dll, which was not found on my system

so ive dld it off the web and put the file numerous places as posted by comments/or whatever from the place i got it

still get this error?

suggestions?

2. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

According to my quick web search this is a Nero related dll file. I would remove the ones you tried to put in place. Then uninstall any version(s) of Nero AND clean up anything left behind by using the appropriate Clean Tool(s) from the Nero web site. Always use their Clean Tool when updating versions to get rid of the clutter that does NOT get uninstalled in the normal manner. If you don't, the versions can fight each other.

NOW try a fresh Nero install of your choice. Reboot and see if you are good to go!

3. lmac222

lmac222 Regular member

nah i still get it....but whats weird is nero wont even be running.....i even had it off my system i believe but everytime i message someone thru AIM that error comes up. Now that i reinstalled nero i have to exit that error out like at least 4 times to even use the program.

4. lmac222

lmac222 Regular member

anyone know?