1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

adware: winantivirus pro 2006

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by mark5hs, Mar 29, 2007.

1. mark5hs

mark5hs Guest

my friend has some aim virus that will IM people on their buddy list and the IM will say "I added this pic of us to my myspace :p http://photobucket.com/image70" or something very simmilar to that and the link will be to a batch file with a virus in it. I know there are variations of this virus, so I would like to know which one my friend has and how to fix it.

2. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Why ask this here, instead of in the windows anti virus/anti spyware forum ?

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Thread moved.

4. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

5. mark5hs

mark5hs Guest

sorry, I didn't notice the antivirus/spyware board. Anyway, the tool you posted didn't work but another tool called fix-aim did work. Their computer was pretty screwed up and I got rid of most of the problems but there are still 2 I can't figure out. 1: a piece of adware called win antivirus 2006 that keeps popping up (neither adaware, avg, nor kaspersky web scanner got rid of it), and 2: they cant install flashplayer. When they go to adobe's website to install it, it says already installed but when they try to do something that requires it, it says flashplayer required.

6. mark5hs

mark5hs Guest

I had them download a standalone installer to flashplayer after I learned that it was a glitch on adobe's website, and it worked. But I tried that microsoft antispyware program and that didn't get rid of the win antivirus thing so any suggestions?