1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Affordable Video Card That Supports Dual Monitors

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by Decodem, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Decodem

Decodem Regular member

I am looking to buy a video card for my PC that can display dual monitors it has a N-Alvorix-RS880-uATX motherboard. I am not looking for anything too hardcore, just a card that has 2 VGA ports, as this motherboard has a VGA and a DVI port and the DVI to VGA adapter I bought does not work. I mostly use my computer for recording music, and producing and am looking at a price range of 30-100$. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Before you do have you thought of upgrading one of the monitors instead assuming the card you have now supports dual

Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  3. Decodem

Decodem Regular member

Well I don't have a card right now, the motherboard has a dvi and vga outputs. I already have 4 monitors at the moment all are the exact same, and all use vga. I thought it would be cheaper to buy a new card rather then a new monitor.

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

sweet as i had no idea that they were making dual output mobo's

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

try that dvi adapter on another monitor on another pc to see if still not work or works. can you run both vga & dvi at the same time off the motherboard ports as i don't think so but motherboard manual will say yes or no on that?

6. Decodem

Decodem Regular member

The motherboard manual says it should be able too, and the adapter does work on another computer.

7. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

should & can are 2 different things. try the dvi with monitor by itself with no vga monitor to vga port.

8. Decodem

Decodem Regular member

I have tried that and there is no signal going to the screen. I really am set on getting a video card as it would also improve my computers speed, and streaming ability.

9. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

haha you might be in luck one of the old asus agp graphic cards i bought had a dvi to vga adapter with it you maybe be able to do the same but in pci-e,it'd be a cry'n shame to get a new graph card & only have vga outputs

10. Decodem

Decodem Regular member

I could always buy a dvi to vga chord that might work better, as the adapter felt really loose whenever I had to stack the vga input on top of it.