1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

After 16 hours, my .avi has been converted into a .mpg...what to do now?

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by Ferny84, Apr 16, 2005.

1. Ferny84

Ferny84 Member

Do I just burn the .mpg file on the DVD or do I have to use some other sort of program to burn it on.

If so which program is it and how long does it usually take to use it (file is around 1gb).

THANKS!

2. Xmonkey29

Xmonkey29 Guest

ur gonna need a program to now convert this to dvd and then convert that to a image file then after THAT burn to disk AND AFTER THAT GET SOME POPCORN and after that WATCH YOUR CREATION THAT TOOK SO FREAKING LONG TO MAKE. have fun! lol

3. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

I would have just used NeroVison Express to convert the avi to dvd, it only takes a few hours.

4. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Dear Ferny84,
    First of all, many burn programs (e.g. DVDSanta, Nero) can work with avis directly some or most of the time, so chances are you don't need to convert the avis to mpeg beforehand.
    Second of all, the quality of the avis might be greatly compromised after converting to mpeg. So what I would do when DVDSanta or Nero does not recognize the avis is to change the codec of the avis (e.g. to XviD) such that they would be recognized.
    In any case, if mpegs are what you now have, you can use DVDSanta or Nero to encode and burn them directly.

5. Ferny84

Ferny84 Member

Ok, so i'm encoding the file with dvdSanta, then burn it?

I hope i'm doing it right... :(

6. SUKIE

SUKIE Member

forget the mpeg, get rid of it. its best to convert to mpeg 2 {dvd} formt he avi.

use a app callled 'winavi' it will convert it to dvd for you, and wil take no time compared to the wait you had with the mpg.

roughly about 40 mins for a average 1hr 30 min video conversion time

7. Gapster

Gapster Guest

im guessing you have a.. pentium 2-3 pc? i had the hourly problem when i had p2, and yes it would of been easier going from AVI TO DVD

8. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

the best easyest ap i found to go straight to vob/ifo/bup for burning is divxtodvd from an avi file, better than santa!

also just got this baby if you fancy somehing abit more intense! its amazing!

[​IMG]