1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

after backup - dvd shrink - how to convert vob

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by vhouc, Mar 20, 2005.

1. vhouc

vhouc Member

i would like to convert the vob files that were created to avi or mpeg so that windows movie maker can import it. which program should i use?

2. vhouc

vhouc Member

c'mon guys at least one of you should know - throw some bones here, please.

3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi vhouc - welcome to aD,

NOW, I could answer your question but I know that you'd want to find it yourself rather than have someone just hand it to you, soooo, I'll try to help you around our rather confusing "Search" feature so you can learn how it's done. Next time, you'll have it down pat . . ., OK ? Kweel . . . .

Here at AfterDawn we have a super neat tool called a "Search" engine. It's loaded with stuff that covers your question -
    Here, I'll show you how to use it -
    Now the following may seem confusing so stick with me, ~ ~> There is a box at the top of each and every page that is empty and has by it the word "Search." By typing in a request, in your case, "[bDVD to AVI [/b]" - It should give you some "Hit's" from AfterDawn. You'll see different threads throughout our forum that may answer in greater detail questions that you may have dealing with your project. Answers to questions from people who are doing the same thing as you or something very similar. You'll find some stuff you can use, some stuff you cannot :<(- Take a lQQk around and see if something applies or not.
    You still with me ? Good !
    Now, after you've arrived at that page, if you can't find what you want then, under the word "Forum" and "Forum Search," in some very small print, you'll see "Search options" then, "Site-wide search" in really tiny print. Ya still with me ? Anyway, by "clicking" on that "Site-wide search", you'll get a whole ton of Guides and related information about your topic, " DVD to AVI". That should supply you with a bunch of info. You'll find what you need in one of those 2 places. It requires that you to type in a question and do some mousie clicks but now that you know where things are, it should be pretty easy to do and we do have a lot of information for you :)

I believe you'll find this of great help in the future -

Now that you see how it's done, I'll show you what I found in just a few seconds ~

DVD2AVI v1.77.4
    DVD2AVI works as a frameserving tool for your VOB files. After you have ripped your DVD into VOB files, you need this tool to convert the VOBs into MPEG.
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/dvd2avi.cfm

Browse on through that and once you've begun using a guide, and you've become stuck, just stop on back and we'll try to help you over whatever "bump" in the road you've hit or are having trouble with.] ~

Cheers,

Pete

4. crozzman

crozzman Regular member

I don't care who you are, that's some very funny sh*t. Kudos ScubaPete.

With just a little ambition, one can accomplish many things.

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Just trying to be helpful.

Many pple don't even know we have a search engine OR how to use it.

With little guidence, they don't need us most of the time :)

Cheers,

Pete

6. vhouc

vhouc Member

thanks guys. I got it. sometimes it is just to simple to find answers I feel like im a fool. :) lol

7. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

No way my friend - I was trying to be helpful - I try to make my guides and posts interesting to read and informative at the same time.

When you're doing some DVD backup work, try the guides in my sig, Remember to click "Bubbles on" at the top of the page -

Cheers,

Pete