1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

After deleting xbox live.. original dashboard wont load!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by GOD, May 2, 2003.

1. GOD

GOD Guest

alright i had xbox live on my xbox then when i got the evox installed i deleted xbox live by accedent.. now it wont go back to the ms dashboard only the evox one!! can someone help me get back to the MS dashboard???

2. GOD

GOD Guest

great i used slayrs installer to patch the c drive now i cant boot up either dashboards im getting an error 21!! SOMEONE HELP!!!

3. ridah100

ridah100 Member

did you use the new slayers 2.1 installer?

cuz i think you can install the updated dash of the xbox live thing, i can't remember too well, cuz i read it off the .nfo of it

4. GOD

GOD Guest

yes i used the slayers thing, and now what it does i can play original games but i cant get to nither of the dashboards not even evox and when i try to boot evox from the cd it gives me error: 21 Someone please help!! i just wanna get back into my harddrive the retail dashboard atleast!!

5. ridah100

ridah100 Member

6. GOD

GOD Guest

that would help.. except i dont have the tools to connect y xbox to my pc.. and now i cant even get evox to boot anymore after trying to patch the C drive....

7. .NRG

.NRG Regular member

use a evox boot cd then ftp the files you need to make the xbox boot.

8. .NRG

.NRG Regular member

Your God come on make it work! just had to say that.

9. GOD

GOD Guest

but you see thats the problem.. ive been trying to use my evox boot cd and it wont load it but it will load normal games
    and i dont have tools to ftp from my pc to my xbox, but as i said i know my files are still there because when i play a game i can still access my save files and my soundtracks i just cant get to a dashboard!!! any other suggestions? if i can get a evox cd to boot then i dont have to worry

10. mavilini

mavilini Guest

G_O_D, have you tried this solution? You need slayer's updated version. This info is also in the .nfo files that are with the disk.

Error21: This is due to the fact that the M$ Dash is incompatible with
    the Kernel version of your Xbox. Go under the main "REBUILD"
    options for your HD (Large or Retail) and select to "Replace"
    your M$ Dash with an alternate version. Have no fear, this
    will only replace the M$ Dash and nothing else.

If this error occurs AFTER you installed LIVE and are now dual-
    booting to EvoX and the M$ dash generates it, then run option
    (11-2) "PATCH C: FOR Post-XBOX LIVE / RETAIL BOOT"

NOTE: during testing I've seen V1.0 Xboxes running a V1.1
    M$ Dash without problems so try them all.

11. GOD

GOD Guest

Well now it wont boot evox... not even from my cd, it will play games though thats why i dont understand the reason it wont boot the evox cd????

12. ceamonkey

ceamonkey Guest

wow..
    i just use an evox d6 bios so i don't have to mess with any of that (my dashboard is evoxdash.xbe,factory ms is still xboxdash.xbe)...

oh yea, I'M FINALLY BACK..
    peace
    seamonkey420

ps guides have been updated!

13. GOD

GOD Guest

hmm... do you have any suggestions here? i really need to get my ms dashboard back... i just bought an action replay..

14. GOD

GOD Guest

ANYTHING????

15. .NRG

.NRG Regular member

ceamonkey is back...looks strange to me spellng your names different from your sig compared to your user name...smells fishy to me

16. GOD

GOD Guest

*sigh* im just gonna get a new xbox, this is too complicated. im telling you i will not mod the xbox ever again.... ps2 is much easier having to xbox's will be cool though then over at my freinds house we will have 3 hooked up for massive multiplayer HALO!!!!

17. ceamonkey

ceamonkey Guest

yea, i had to get a new user name.. my old account became inactive cuz i took a break from modding...

but same old me..
    sites been updated too..

sorry, back to the topic..
    hmm..
    i would try to create a new boot cd-rw, do a complete erase of the current boot cd-rw and reburn the xbox image file and try to boot it..
    when it boots, do you get the evox boot screen (blue or red xbox logo or the matrix inside)? if not, your mod chip might have became unaligned.. also, is your mod chip in mode 4 (flash mode)?

let me know..
    peace
    seamonkey420

18. GOD

GOD Guest

i think its in that mode its in the same mode it was when i got the boot cd to work that one time... so thats why i dont see how its not working... i might try reconnecting the modchip as your suggesting though if that dosent work what else?