1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

After Downgrade from 3.50, possible to upgrade to 3.40 OE?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by drakex, Jul 3, 2007.

1. drakex

drakex Regular member

I have personally my PSP at 3.40 OE-A, the case is I have a friend that just recently bought a 3.50 PSP, so I was speaking with the guy that upgraded my PSP and he told me that we can downgrade with Lumines, but after reaching 1.50 there is no way to upgrade back to 3.40 OE-A nor any OE-A firmware, is that true? That is my question.

2. stumped_

stumped_ Regular member

where did ur friend buy it from

3. redice

redice Regular member

from the noobz themselfs

Recent Sony official firmwares (3.30 onwards) have included checks that block upgrade from previously-downgraded PSPs with TA-082 or later motherboards. If you use this downgrader on such a PSP, you will lock yourself out of official firmware updates - although you will still be able to use new OE firmwares when they are released. We intend to release a tool to allow a return to official firmwares in the future.
    www.noobz.eu

4. drakex

drakex Regular member

He bought it from a friend at work, this guy had it from a different gy that brought it from the US, according to what they say, the original owner upgraded it to 3.50, so it was not original 3.50 but it was upgraded, so any chances my concern can be made.

5. drakex

drakex Regular member

Ups I ate the second answer, thanks for the response, so in other ways, IT IS possible to downgrade from 3.50 and then upgrade to an OE firmware, but you can NOT upgrade to official firmwares, good, thanks I just need to wait for Lumines to arrive from guatemala.