1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

After I formatted Virtual Dub won't work for me anymore

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by Priest, May 8, 2002.

1. Priest

Priest Member

I had to format my computer, so I reintstalled Virtual Dub just as I had it before. But right when I open it up it says "the procedure entry point could not be located in the dynamic link library vobsub.dll." Also when I load up a the avi created with vfapi codec it says "virtual dub requires a Video for Windows (VFW) compatible codec to decompress codecs." Now since it worked for me the way I had it set up before I can't figure out what is wrong...any help would be awesome.

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

First error is easy (although I'm guessing :) : You had VobSub installed in your previous installation, but don't have it anymore and you have some registry entrie somewhere. Re-install VobSub.

For the second one: You need to install VFAPI Reader Codec (run the .bat).

3. Priest

Priest Member

Hey thanks a million! Virtual Dub is working for me again...however, I do have another problem, I just tried encoding a movie with Divx 5 and in some parts it had purple ghost line showing up at the bottom. Any idea how to get rid of those?

4. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

First and most common reason for this one is that people use cracked DivX 5 Pro codec which in deed produces annoying stuff to the video.

Another option is that your video dimensions are not multiplies of 16.