1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

After ISO Write with DVD Decrypter.......

Discussion in 'PS2' started by derryl, Feb 22, 2004.

1. derryl

derryl Member

After I Iso read with DVD Decrypter and Iso Writing with the same program the MDS file. When write is complete and I put the disk in DVD drive of computer it shows up as a audio disk. What am I doing wrong.

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

what is on the disc you are copying?

3. derryl

derryl Member

Silent Hill2. I've had this happen before. I'm wondering if I'm burning the right image. MDS or ISO? Or does it matter? Or both. But when I put the freshly burned disk back in the computer and it shows up as an audio disk?

4. Liquify

Liquify Member

If it's a PS2 game why would you put it back in your computer? All that really matters is if it works in your PS2 or not (I probably mis-understood what you meant.) When I copy my games with DVD Decrypter I burn the MDS image.

5. viper8437

viper8437 Regular member

i think ur supposed to burn the iso....that is the larger one right?

6. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

if 2 images are made, burn the .mds (this only happens with images over 4gb and you are using fat32 file system), otherwise you can burn either one. The computer doesn't know what format a ps2 game is, so it just is probably guessing audio.

7. JimMrBass

JimMrBass Member

When burning your play station backup game always choose Iso file to burn it do not choose MDS. Now you will have a copy that will play in your Play Station 2 as long as you have either a mod chip installed or Swap Magic cards. Hope this helps you.
    1. First open DVD Decrypter choose mode then click on ISO read to read your original disc. Choose read speed at 2x. Click on Decrypt.
    2. Wait until DVD Decrypter reads the disc.
    3. Now choose mode click on ISO write. Select file will be in your hard drive labeled ISO. Choose ISO then choose burn speed at 2x. Now click on Decrypt wait until DVD Decrypter does it job and you will have a perfect backup copy.
    Hope this helps all who want to backup their games.
    5. Remember do not read or write over 2x if you want a perfect copy.

8. JimMrBass

JimMrBass Member

Someone asked me how do you write in 2x mode I use a seperate DVD- Rom drive and then when I click on ISO read using DVD Decrypter I can choose the 2x read speed. Should I use my DVD Burner Sony 510A (1.0f) it will automatically write at 4X which I find to not work well. Therfore I read it on my DVD-Rom drive and burn it on my DVD Burner. Hope this helps all