1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

After new bios

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by smokes, Nov 28, 2003.

1. smokes

smokes Guest

Ok,
    So I installed my new bios, the "linuxbio.bin" file with a 201 meg dummy folder. It installed, and reset my clock on the xbox, and it loads up fine now, plays normal games, etc. I was told I now need a dashboard, the "evolution-X" dashboard. Is version 3921 the one I should use? Do I make it into an ISO or just add it to a cd and put it in or what? Do I need the dummy file on that cd too?? Let me know. Thanks.

2. bob_roony

bob_roony Member

You should find something like Team Xaviers install or Slayers install. I would reflash the chip before you do that though, with something like the M7 bios from Evox. Both of the installers give you the Evox dash 3921 and bunch of apps that make your xobx experience more enjoyable.

3. smokes

smokes Guest

So what should I do ...step by step, like what files should i put on the first cd, 2nd cd, and so on (including the "reflashing" Sorry, I'm new, and dont know how to reflash it or how to add the dashboard. Thanks a lot for your help.

4. bob_roony

bob_roony Member

first find and download slayers 2.5 final, it will have all you need. its about 108 megs. it extracts into an ISO which is a disc image that can be easily burned with nero or other image burners. boot from that disky and you and install apps and even reflash the bios of the chip.

5. smokes

smokes Guest

So thats the dashboard I should use? Just download slayers 2.5 final and burn it to cd after ALL i have done is put on linuxbio.bin file to update bios ( so I can now play my original games, but nothing more) It says im supposed to backup my hard drives first before installing this slayer program, should I? I thought you couldn't network to your computer until you got this installed? Im confused, help. Thanks.

6. bob_roony

bob_roony Member

you can restore the original dash with the slayers install if you needed to. burn the slayers iso to a disk and you can boot from it. you can also flash the chip with a bios from that boot disk and install all the software you need. slayers 2.5 install does install the latest evox dashboard._X_X_X_X_X_[small]NO MA'AM[/small]

Last edited: Nov 29, 2003
  7. smokes

smokes Guest

Where can i get slayers 2.5?? I've looked all over on server "irc.zoite.net" in channel "xboxemu" but i cant find it. The only 2 rooms open right now are "!xbox3r" and "!xbox0r" Where do i get it from!!?!?!?

8. bob_roony

bob_roony Member

read your private message ;)

9. G4MERZO1D

G4MERZO1D Regular member

search over the net...if you are comitted to finding it, you will! :D beleive me its not hard to find

10. smokes

smokes Guest

Ok, I got the slayer 2.5 on a disc, and I'm in the setup, but when i got to flash it it says "-WARNING- THIS CAN KILL YOUR MOD/XBOX! rEAD flash TUTORIALS FIRST! -" Should I do it or no???????

11. bob_roony

bob_roony Member

what chip was it that you have?

12. smokes

smokes Guest

It also says my bios is "unknown" Why is that??? Is that ok, normal??

13. smokes

smokes Guest

I have the solderless Chameleon LE S

14. smokes

smokes Guest

If i dont NEED to flash I dont want to, I just dont know if I am supposed to or have to. All I care about is being able to network my xbox to my computer so that I can backup my games I own on dvd-r and play them so I dont need to scratch the originals.

15. bob_roony

bob_roony Member

relax, your ok. I'm guessing you have't messed with the dip switches on the box. If you haven't you should choose option 7.11 and you'll be fine. i'll give you a warning then erase the modchip then reprogram it, afterward it will shut off when done.

You'll be fine. Its the one I did my chip with._X_X_X_X_X_[small]NO MA'AM[/small]

Last edited: Nov 30, 2003
  16. smokes

smokes Guest

What do you mean I should choose option 7.11? Yea I havent messed w/ any chips on my xbox...... I just THOUGHT i put on a new bios, but it says unknown so apparently not...
    So what would I all have to do over again? Everything??

17. bob_roony

bob_roony Member

the linux bios won't let you do as much as the evox M7 bios. its ok if it says unknown, that happens when the cromwell has been flashed. All you would have to do is choose option number 7-11 from the flash menu. once you've flashed the chip with the M7 it will shut off. boot to slayers disk again and choose rebuild HD for Retail option. It will setup the drive and install all the apps you need. That takes about 3 minutes or so. once its done you can eject the disky and reboot, your good to go. then you will be able to ftp to your box and pull the stuff off the D drive(DVD). All it will take is less than 10 minutes and you'll be done.

18. smokes

smokes Guest

What is the easiest way to FTP in? Sorry I am very new, I probably have printed out 100 pages of other peoples questions to help along the way, along w/ readme's and what not, I just did what you said, well..its in the process of the 3 minute procedure. I just wanna ftp in asap to make sure its working right. Let me know, you are such a great help. Thanks so much man.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2003
  19. bob_roony

bob_roony Member

download flashFXP, you can get it off the net. it is freeware and there are tutorials at xbox-scene for that. after 30 days it will expire but still will work, you just need to wait 30 seconds before you can click on continue to use the app.

If lovin the xbox was wrong....I don't wanna be right!_X_X_X_X_X_[small]NO MA'AM[/small]

Last edited: Nov 30, 2003
  20. smokes

smokes Guest

So it starts up w/ "Slayers v 3921 evolution" and has options from "glay game or media from dvd rom drive or play games from hd, or game trainers," etc, so I did it right, correct??