1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

After ripping, trying to make one file of vob's

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by wolterjwb, Jul 8, 2007.

1. wolterjwb

wolterjwb Member

I have backed up my dvd's to the hard drive and also to a disk but I am trying to hook up my computer to my plasma to watch the movies. I have winDVD home theatre (forget exact name) The problem I am running into is that when I go to videos in windvd, it doesn't recognize any of the movies as video files. I have looked through the guides and forums but cannot figure out a way to make just one long video file once I have backed up the disc. If anyone can help with this, I'd appreciate it greatly.
    Jimmy

2. jony218

jony218 Guest

Are your files in standard dvd form"audio_ts/video_ts", if they are,all you need to open is the video_ts one. It should automatically play when you point it there. If your files are in ISO form, then you might have problems.

I think the free player VLC can play ISO files directly.
    http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

3. wolterjwb

wolterjwb Member

thanks for the reply. The problem I am having though is that WinDVD media center (whatever it's called) is not recognizing the file as video. I have to go through a bunch of clicks to finally find it and play it. I was looking for a way to turn it into a mpeg or divx or whatever that it would recognize as a video so it will show up on the first screen.
    They are the video, audio files, not an iso. Basically the exact dvd, just on the hard drive. If you know anymore, would appreciate it.
    Jimmy