1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

After ripping.....

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by Macrel, Jan 27, 2007.

1. Macrel

Macrel Member

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this or if someone has already answered this but i find that after ripping a DVD onto my laptop that all i can see are the folders and files that are the DVD,but find myself unable to play the DVD on my laptop at all.what is it that im doing wrong?is there a software that im supposed to get to be able to play it or am i useing the wrong kind of DVD ripper or what?

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

open the DVD folder called Video_Ts folder ..... this is where the DVD is. PowerDVD, RealPlayer, Windows Media Player, and Media Player Classic can play the DVD that is on your hard drive! try it!

3. Macrel

Macrel Member

btw im using a mac. yeh i did that but when i open it a load names come up called VIDEO_TS.BUP and VIDEO_TS.VOB and so on.theres no file for me to open.is there a codec i need do u think,beause the icon beside all the files is just a blank piece of paper and no actuall picture.

4. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

open up the Video_TS folder and double click on the first Video_TS file! should play the movie. I don't have a mac but that's what to do with a PC. hope it works for you.