1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

after shrink, decrypter won't open to burn why o' why?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by don99, Oct 8, 2004.

1. don99

don99 Guest

Before I reintsall my 2 programs (shrink and Decrypter) I hope some one could tell me why decryter isn't opening after the Encoding is done in Shrink? Itwas working fine till I tried to set up Nero Recode. I must have screwed something up. Now it just puts the files on the C drive in _TS Video files and decrypter dosen't see them. What to do? I have un-ticked the nero burning box in Shrink thinking Decryter would wake up and smell the roses but noooo..
    After it does its stuff it stops and just sits there.
    I have Nero 6 SE, Decrypter, Shrink etc..
    Does anyone hav a suggestion
    thanks
    Don

2. Furd

Furd Member

Decrypter needs to burn an ISO file - it can't deal with *_TS files.

Go into Shrink and set it to save the backup as ISO, then make sure the box is checked to burn with Decrypter - try your backup again - should work....

Good Luck

ff

3. don99

don99 Guest

Thanks Furd,
    It's working again!
    I do have another question you may be able to answer. How can I get Shrink to work faster
    My last back-up was encoding at around 1903 KB/s. Is there a setting for this I have over looked.
    Thanks again for the help
    Don

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Has it always encoded thatslow?

The encoding speed depends heavily on your processor speed and the amount of RAM you have. You should also check that your drive is set to DMA :)

5. don99

don99 Guest

Hey Neph,
    No, it usually reads at 4000, 5000 or so. And since I have re-set some funtions it's working that way again.. But tell me, what is yours reading at. I have been able to back-up some movies in as little as 30-40 mion. Thats as fast as I have been able to get, which is ok by me.
    I really happy with all the help this forum has given. Thanks All.
    Don

6. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

The overall times really depend on the size of the disc and the settings used but on a single layer disc that needs no compression I've seen times between 25 and 30 minutes :)

Glad you like our forum. Stick around, we always like to see new faces become familiar ones :)