1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AFTER XBOX LOGO ON STARTUP SCREEN GOES BLANK,CANT GET TO EVOX DASH

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by eekamouse, Dec 15, 2004.

1. eekamouse

eekamouse Member

I have a new xbox version 1.6 with a samsung drive that has been modified and has the evolutionx dashboard. I was messing with the settings one day and i think i might of changed a couple of settings in the misc area that might of affected things and prevented it from booting up correctly.In the "misc" section under settings i changed "auto launch dvd to yes" and jump to ms dash to yes. After i checked save and exit it said changes will effect on next startup. When i rebooted i notice that it starts seemingly normal at first with the xbox logo with sound and steady green light and then after that the screen goes blank besides the top third of the screen thats has scattered mixture of color pixels. Disk drive seems fine and works. This is driving me crazy tring to figure this out. i just would really like to know how i can change things back, or remedy this to get it to boot back up to the evolutionx dash.... What would cause this thing to go tits up! Much appreciated.

2. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

I would suggest you get a copy of Slayer's 2.6 and reinstall evox.

3. eekamouse

eekamouse Member

Ive been trying to create iso boot disks of enigmahx and slayers to try to get to something and either i am burning the file incorrectly in the process or i dont know but i have read many forums on it and tried for 2 weeks. I used qwix 101 to create the xiso's and nero 5 to burn the xiso to cdrw. I tried a sony and HP disk if that matters any? If you or anyone out there has any feedback or advice on how this can be fixed or sent to someone who can, id really appreciate it! Im in the seattle washington area. This is a new xbox. It was manufactured on 8-16-2004 so i think that it is a modded V1.6 and it has a samsung drive w/evolutionx dashboard or at least did. lol ahh I just want this damn thing fixed before i sledgehammer it for causing me all the headache and grief!

4. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

If you downloaded Slayer's 2.6 it should be in a compressed file, either .rar or .zip. Just decompress them and use DVD Decrypter, load the image and burn. When it is loaded, there is an option "settings". You can go in there and change autolaunch dvd and jump to ms dash to both no, save and exit. If that doesn't work you can reinstall evox, just do "upgrade".

5. gilbates

gilbates Member

are you still having problems with your xbox? if so, im in the seattle area and i can take a look at it and see if i can fix it. i have the MA gamesave that will give me ftp access to the xbox, maybe you can edit the evox.ini that way.

6. eekamouse

eekamouse Member

Yeah! I am still having problems with my xbox. thanks for the reply! Somebody was suggesting something like ftp of the sort from another forum. Id be more than happy if you would take a look at it. Let me know how we can get it touch. thanks!

7. gilbates

gilbates Member

You can send me a private message with your email or phone number and we can discuss it then. Im 5 mins from Fry's, if you know where that is.