1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Afterdawn infected by IntelliTXT?

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by dontbugme, Oct 28, 2004.

1. dontbugme

dontbugme Member

Sorry for not posting under my real login as I'm about to lose confidence in this site:

I came across those double-underline contextual advertising links (read: obfuscating BS links) at Afterdawn.com, courtesy of Vibrantmedia.com's IntelliTXT marketing scam.

My hosts file overfloweth.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

3. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Having five dedicated servers (soon to extend to seven, as forums are getting bit sluggish during peak times), each having minimum specs of P4/2.8GHz w/ 1GB -- some of the boxes as Dual Xeons w/ 4GB -- with total of 6 terabytes monthly bandwidth allocation isn't exactly free. If you're willing to provide us the required bandwidth and servers, we're more than happy to get rid of the IntelliTXT ads..

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Nicely put :)

5. morpheus8

morpheus8 Member

First of all Vibrant Media Intellitxt is not a mareting scam. It is a reputed with a number of high quality publishers. Intellitxt scans the keywords on every page and delivers ad based on the keywords on the page.
    I also run a website though not as popular as Afterdawn but we also receive similar emails to remove banners ads, pop ups etc. However visitors should understand that it costs us money to pay for the servers, bandwith, software etc and most important time.