1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AfterDawn Light for dummies (me)?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by {TKO}, Dec 10, 2003.

1. {TKO}

{TKO} Regular member

is there like an AD-Light for computards like me?....or maybe a remedial forum i can start at?....cause i feel way too retarded to have the honor of being in this forum.....it's almost like my questions are embarassing to post, but since i love pc's and want to learn as much as humanly possible (see side note below), but until i get some basic knowledge, this forum seems a little too advanced......just ranting..thx

side note - if there was a surgery to have one of those nifty inout devices that neo has on the back of his head....i would sell all my worldly possesions to get that kind learning capability

"hey mikey, i think he likes it....how bout some more?"

"hell yes.........hell yeah"

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Everyone starts somewhere! Do as many searches as you can. Running searches and simply checking out the older posts helped answer many of my questions. I also check here most every day and click through many of the recent posts just because I may pick up something. I feel your pain, though, I've spent aot of time doing the things I just mentioned out of sheer embarassment for how basic the question seemed.

Go ahead and use the "Newbie" forum - that's what it's all about! If you have a genuine interest, there are many, many outstanding people here that are more than willing to help those still learning.

3. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Bah! We're a lively bunch :) Ask away (although bear in mind it does rag on our patience if you're asking questions like "Where do I download free movies?" or "How do I encode this movie? (on the filesharing area)" hehe.

DO do searches and ask away :)

4. {TKO}

{TKO} Regular member

that's the reassurance i needed...thanx....i'm slowly starting to read tis A+ Guide to managing and maintaining your pc...is there anything else...preferably on-line to learn learn learn?...how did you guys get your knowledge?

5. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Hehe I learned way back in 1990 when things were still simple and naming conventions (read: ATI/nvida/AMD) made sense hehe.