1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AHH Think i might have bricked my 360! HELP NEEDED

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by newbie234, Dec 21, 2007.

1. newbie234

newbie234 Regular member

right, before i soldered my XCM fan to the motherboard i tried touching the wires to the pwor sources in the first picture here:

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=613160

i tried to put the positive to the 12v and the ground to the 5v standby to equal out at 7 V

i slipped and my pwoer went off...now ive put it all back together and it wont power on at all!!!!!!

please someone...can i fix this?

what have i done to it?

i must have slipped with the wires and touched two to the wrong bits or something. I REALLY NEED HELP WITH WHAT I COULD HAVE DONE? what can be done tof ix it?

Please someone help me.

2. Midnite0

Midnite0 Guest

Newbie, I hope it works out for you, but I could have told you that you didn't seem to know what you were doing by all the questions you were asking before. You should have just paid someone to do this instead of trying it yourself.

3. ziggi_83

ziggi_83 Regular member

yeah, no offence, but thats what i thought when i first read the thread title, sorry cant help you to fix this. Hope it works out for you.

4. Midnite0

Midnite0 Guest

Not to bash you man, but again the types of questions you were asking before you started doing this showed you were totally new at this and didn't know what you were doing. You were all worried about cooling it and we gave you a lot of suggestions, but you wanted to crack the case open. I would google xbox 360 repair services so if they can salvage it. That's a lesson for people out there, if you are not electronically capable, opening up your 360 is a dumb idea, pay money and leave it to the professionals. Just too expensive a machine to experiment with fixing. Be like me, just pay someone to do it.

5. newbie234

newbie234 Regular member

hi,

heres the thing. my questiond about cooling. i have this 360, its out of warranty and ive just flashed it with no problems at all. and i thought rather that wasting money on an intercooler thing that burns your 360. id go for internal cooling.because ive jsut flashed this thing and i really want to prevent the overheating/RROD.

i understood about whats needed etc. i installed the talismoon fans with no problmes. and this was jsut a step i took rather that going 'hands on' and soldering the XCM fan to the motherboard id jsut touch the wires and see whats what.

this was obviously a mistake that i ddint think was the wrong thing to do. i think i am electronically capable as i work with guitar electronics etc. and i am a competant solder(er)

this is not me being bigheaded or anytihng i jsut tohught i was capable so i saw no harm in testing it.

as it turns out my 360 is fine. i was advised to let it 'cool off' for a few hours so when i was back after a while it worked fine with both another power supply and my original.

i took peoples advice as to which terminals i needed to solder as to which voltage i require and this was obviously me trusting one persons answer too much.

im going to check with some people who really know what there doing and then just solder the wires straight onot the CORRECT places and give it a go :)

6. Midnite0

Midnite0 Guest

Newbie, you are nice guy for sure!! Bet you are from the UK, always nice chaps there. Yeah man, once you start soldering crap on something so delicate, you better be an electronics expert for sure. I wouldn't mess with it anymore, and just get an electronics place to fix it. Google it and check their feedback and you will be fine.

7. newbie234

newbie234 Regular member

ok, i as it stands i have a working 360 and a tempermental PSU which is not a problem really. il get a permanent replacemnt soon.

i am from the Uk and there is no wherenear me that i can get this done.

the ONLY place ive seen that has descent feedback charged somerediculous prices.

however, i wont battle this alone and risk breaking it more i have a friend who is visiting after xmas and hes extremely good with soldering to circuit boards etc and microsoldering.