1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ahhhhh help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by klimax, Nov 20, 2004.

1. klimax

klimax Member

I'm new to dvd burning. Does sonic and shrink work well together? Do I need to Download nero in order for me to burn dvds? help please

2. plywood9

plywood9 Guest

Hello...klimax join us

I'm a newbie as we are called. but after a few times it's pretty easy. i'm no exspert but my opion is....... i would suggest you starting out with what they call DVDShrink and DVDDecypter. you can down load them for free everywhere on this website. once you get them set up and BURN once or twice it's pretty easy. i'm very happy with these. I don't have to spend any $$$$$$$$ for some other programs.My new burner(HP630i) came with sonic software....RECORDNOW7.1 and others. i tried the Recordnow i thought it sucked,it also messed up my computer, what i ended up doing was uninstalling all the sonic software, and only have DVDShrink and DVDDecypter now. Hope i gave you something to look at. NERO program is about $100.00 last time i looked. everyone on this forum will help you aswell. PLY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2004
  3. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

4. plywood9

plywood9 Guest

i was told the NERO OEM Disk was missing parts and/or keys ect. i'll look at that but think i'm happy with shrink and decypter..thanks

PLY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

RecordNow is one the most stable and best performing burning apps available. I've used the Orlogix version for some time now and never had a problem with it. The one thing that RecordNow doesn't have going for it is DVD Shrink can't automatically use it's burning engine. All this really means is that after Shrink has done it's thing you need to open RecordNow and burn the shrunk files as Data.

Shrink is able to utilize the burning engines of three different apps so depending on your other needs there's bound to be one that works for you:

Nero6 is an very comprehensive burning suite for both CD and DVD and well worth the money if you have a use for all the features.

DVD Decrypter is a free ripping app that can also burn ISO's. It's a fairly stable burning engine but has no utility beyond burning ISO's to DVD.

CopyToDVD is in my opinion the best burning app ever made. It forgoes many of the bells and whistles that Nero has in favor of doing what it does best - burning anything and everything you can think of. It has some of the most well thought out features I've seen.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2004
  6. plywood9

plywood9 Guest

HEY rroettger

i was told the nero OEM disk will only work with the recorder it came with as a software package???

thanks PLY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

7. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

That's usually true for the discs that come packaged with the recorder but the OEMs sold by themselves such as the one in rroettger's link will work with any recorder.