1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ahoy Gamers!

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Toiletman, Jan 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

EDIT: THIS POST IS NOW WOEFULLY OUTDATED. I WILL BE WORKING ON AN UPDATED POST SOON. MEANWHILE, CHECK BACK OFTEN FOR MY GAME UPDATES!

Ladies and Gentlemens, Boys and Girls, Hamsters and Madmen, I would like to bring some attention to the following games and websites:-

Ahh yes, the wonderful gaming sites, plenty of them, good and crap, but here are the best! If you're interested in any of the games below, you can get all your information within the pages of these sites! They have interviews, screenshots, previews, hands-on, and trailers! You name it, they've probably got it!

Especially for the more high-profile games I will be mentioning...

www.GameTrailers.com (Check daily for wonderful trailers! One of the best sites I've ever come across!)
    www.GameSpycom (Go figure =P )
    www.worthplaying.com (An excellent site, sometimes the best for gaming news!)
    www.rpgdot.com (For those RPGers!)
    www.3dgamers.com (Best site for high speed downloads and they often have exclusive material!)

Now the games! This list will be updated as new games come out, and games that I think are unworthy of being mentioned are deleted, or games that are old and released! Oh yeah, and I'm only doing the PC Platform! I gotta get a life sometime.. =)

1. S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl

If you haven't heard of this, you shouldn't call yourself a gamer. Very high profile game.

2. Star Wars: Republic Commando (RELEASED)

I simply adore this game! It's like Halo but Star Wars style, with new features and GREAT FUN GAMEPLAY! A must for all FPSers out there! High profile game.

Demo: http://www.3dgamers.com/news/more/1096480842/

3. F.E.A.R.

Watch the trailers and prepare to be wowed. High profile game.

4. Dungeon Siege II

Go figure. High profile game.

5. The Roots

RPG game, worth looking out for. Not much known at the moment, but I'll be keeping my eyes on this!

6. Star Wars: Knights of The Old Republic II (RELEASED)

Practically same as the first game, but that's not bad at all! Great stuff, just not as great as KOTOR!

7. Gothic III

If you're a heavy RPG gamer, you've probably heard of the Gothic series. Personally, I can't wait for this one!

8. The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion

Remember Morrowind? Well forget it. This game, looks ABSOLUTELY amazing, better than Half Life 2, and it's many times bigger than Morrowind. Bethesda Softworks never fails to disappoint with its 5 star games. Very high profile game.

9. Dungeon Lords (RELEASED)

I'm keeping my eye on this one, it looks great, although it looks like one of those games that will fall short of expectations. A couple delays so far, but I'm still ancitipating this!

I am no longer interested in this game... I played the demo and I detested it, and they didn't change the final game. So I guess this is a no-no. A shame really, if the gameplay wasn't that clunky it would be amazing.

10. East Front

FPS, but this time in an alternative WWII world. It looks great, almost as good as Half Life 2 if not even better, and it looks very interesting. Quickly gaining hype with its first few screenshots released a couple weeks earlier. High profile game.

11. Brothers In Arms (RELEASED)

I've already made a post about this. It aims to redefine the WWII genre, and I am confident it will. Most authentic game I've ever seen, and loads of fun too! Very high profile game.

12. SWAT 4 (RELASED)

It ain't bad looking, but it's no Half Life 2 either. Somehow, SWAT has always been a more FUN experience, for me at least, than its competitor, Rainbow Six, and this SWAT looks to be the most realistic and enjoyable one yet. Don't expect this to be groundbreaking, expect lots of fun and if you like tactical shooters, this should be on your list already. High profile game.

Demo: http://www.3dgamers.com/games/swat4/downloads/

13. Bioshock

Anyone remember System Shock 2? Good. This isn't exactly System Shock 3, but it's going to have the same gameplay features of the System Shock series. Except with amazing graphics and all the bells and whistles of modern games. Get excited now. Very high profile game.

14. The Witcher

You may not have heard of this, but I recommend you go grab some trailers and read some interviews, because this RPG is following along the lines of a very famous German/Polish fantasy author. They're using the Aurora Engine, which looks FANTASTIC. Heavy swordplay system makes combat very exciting, and they actually have realistic swordfighting in this game, with input from swordmasters. Storyline is nothing short of involving. These visuals suprass Half Life 2 at times. Do you like how I always relate back to HL2? High profile game.

15. Boiling Point: Road to Hell

GTA with guns in a first person perspective. Graphics may not look the best, but it looks alright enough, and it has an interesting premise. Don't expect this game to be groundbreaking either, just expect a great game.

16. Fallout 3

It's coming out. RPG Players, prepare to be smashed to the ground and smashed again when you are revived with a Phoenix Down. Not much info. Very high profile game.

17. Pariah (RELEASED)

This looks to be a great game, and it's upgradeable weapons system is very interesting and cool! Lots of media coverage on this. High profile game.

18. Close Combat: First to Fight (RELEASED)

Another tactical FPS, with a great looking engine and has LOTS of media coverage. I have higher expectations for this than I do for SWAT 4, so this game is pretty goddamn worth a look at! If you've ever played the previous games, erase them from your mind. High profile game.

UPDATE: Not what I expected at all.. read mini-review below.

19. WarDevil

A highly anticipated game AND short movie! 1 very high quality, cinematic trailer has caused massive speculation and hype, making this an highly anticipated game! However, apart information is very vague. Keep your eyes on this, it may turn out to be the next Half Life 2. High profile game.

20. Quake IV

Uses Doom 3 engine, concentrates more on Single Player this time around, developed by Raven Software, and their games are GOOD. Do I have to proclaim how highly ancitipated this Quake IV game is? No. If this ain't a Very High Profile Game you can call me George Bush.

21. Dark Sector

Apart from a trailer showing the in game graphics, nothing is known about this game apart from that it's developed for the next gen consoles like XBOX2, and of course, PC! =D High profile game.

22. Age of Empires III

AoE is only one of the most successful RTS games ever. That is why you should be going crazy right now. Very high profile game.

23. Star Wars: Empire At War

The last SW RTS wasn't exactly a classic, so don't be turned off by that fact. In fact, you should be drooling right now, because you've already seen the screenshots in the below link. It LOOKS gorgeous, and I think on some maps it will look better than Age of Empires III. Holy shit it looks good. With so many highly anticipated Star War games, Star War fans should be having a heart attack! High profile game.

24. Black & White 2

As much as I loved B&W, it had it's problems. Don't think this will be another "Hate or love" game, albeit with stunning graphics. This time around, you have so many more features, you immediately want to read the previews. Now read them. High profile game.

25. The Godfather

Finally, they're making a game. Not much so far, a couple of teaser and intro trailer movies, but it looks pretty slick from the screenshots... I hope they don't mess up on this. High profile game.

26. Project: Snowblind (RELEASED)

The would be Deus Ex 2, they've now re-routed themselves in future Hong Kong, fighting across huge battlefields with tons of soldiers. However, you still have the variety of options (as in Deus Ex) to dispatch your enemies! This is a must play, excellent game! Lots of cool weapons too! High profile game!

UPDATE: Read mini-review below.

27. Area 51

Demo out with the latest Mortal Kombat game, haven't played it but I've heard it's amazing. The graphics on the PC sure doesn't disappoint and the gameplay looks explosively intense. The weapons are very cool and the art design is wicked, enemies look just like mutants should. Lots of media coverage on this. Very high profile game.

28. The Witcher

It looks like a more combat based "Morrowind", but one with BEAUTIFUL graphics rivalling Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion. A couple of trailers and previews, but we haven't really seen the real gameplay at work yet, but I have high hopes this will be one of the big hits of 2005. Damn it looks good, can't wait to play this. High profile game.

29. Bet On Soldier

This is the new UT2004 except it's realistic, fun, and it has an interesting twist. Read: http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/bet-on-soldier/589827p1.html?fromint=1

30. Splinter Cell 3: Chaos Theory

Play the demo and wipe up your drool.
    Demo released: http://www.3dgamers.com/games/splintercell3/downloads/

Last edited: Feb 7, 2006
  2. NeoLance

NeoLance Regular member

Man you sure do know a lot about gaming. I just know a lot about the DS because it rocks!!!

3. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Lol, I am a hardcore gamer at times! =D

4. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

5. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

Im personally keeping my eye on Age of Empires III, the screenshots I seen are killer.

6. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

It looks bloody amazing, except I'm not an stratedgy gamer lol, I'm mostly the action/RPG kind.

7. NeoLance

NeoLance Regular member

I love the RPG game runescape, so i am praying that an online RPG game somewhat like it comes out for the DS and in time for the Online capabilites when they start. The online things for the DS are supposed to be out sometime in March.

8. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

RuneScape? Each to his own, I guess! =D I know it's free and all, but haven't you tried games such as City of Hereoes, World of Warcraft, Everquest II, etc.

There's a new game ROSE Online that's free at the moment, and it's really growing in popularity.

9. NeoLance

NeoLance Regular member

Thanks man, you're the only one thats helped me with that, i have really been looking for a new free online rpg game. Well please keep on informing me about some games like this on this thread please. Thank you so much toiletman!

10. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Lol I haven't updated it in a while, will do so this weekend. And thanks! =D

11. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Updated with new demo links! =D Enjoy everyone!

12. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

What site is Rose on?

13. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

www.roseon.com

Forgot to update this. Republic Commando is released. I finished this great game and it is well worth the download/money.

Graphics are decent, obviously not the best, but the gameplay is GREAT, and the Squad AI is impressive. It is mildy tactical so don't expect Rainbow Six deepness here.

14. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

Thanx for the info

15. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

16. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

17. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

18. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Sorry for the late updates.

Two new GREAT games have come out today, Brothers in Arms and Project: Snowblind.

Mini-reviews coming soon after I complete these game.

19. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

20. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

HOLY PHUQ'N COW...I want this game soooo bad.
    I am a huge COD fan! I hope my graphics card will handle it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.