1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AIS Needed To Complete Install?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by locobrown, Apr 5, 2007.

1. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

I want to softmod my xbox using Softmod Installer Deluxe 4.5 - Nknave Edition, but to complete the install do I really need AID? I know that I must use AID but since I have a dial up connection it'll take me forever to obtain AID. And I was wondering if AID will be needed to complete the install or If i can run it later?

Also I what software should I use to format a new HDD. I would like to upgrade my HDD. I have a doubt about what the softmod will do to my HDD. will SID reformat my the current xbox HDD the moment i run it? I know that in order to install a new HDD i must connect the new HDD and format it from a PC.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2007
  2. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

for softmodding all you need is nknave edition of SID 4.5 and an action replay, just make sure you backup everything.

you would need to use xbox hard drive maker for that, and you would need to copy your eeprom over to lock the drive, its not hard but there is a tutorial around here on it so im not going to go into detail for you.