1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AIW Radeon 9800 SE and Sky TV capturing

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by pxs1, Nov 8, 2004.

1. pxs1

pxs1 Member

Hi. Whilst not quite 'analogue' capture as it's Sky Digital, I hope this is still the right forum for this Q. (if not, sorry!)

I'm running XP with Athlon 64, 1024mb ram and 400GB HDD.
    I live in the UK and have Sky TV which is fed out of the Sky box via the 9v output into a splitter and then distributed around the house (to 3 other TVs) using RF with 'magic eyes' on the end.

I want to watch and hear (obvious I know) Sky on my PC and possible capture from it.

I've got a Radeon 9800 SE and wondered whether I simply need to run a RF cable from the spare output on my splitter into the Radeon 9800SE to pick up the relevant pictures and sound or whether it's more complicated (e.g. do I also need to run stereo RCA cables too?)

Before I go to the hassle of sunning the cable etc through walls and around the house I wanted to check it would work....

All help appreciated....

2. Pombaman

Pombaman Member

Hi

I do believe that you should maybe have a capture card like "MSI Tv@anywhere" It is a tv tuner card.. where you can capture RF signals and even signals from the scart contact on your VCR..
    Coz i believe that the svhs connector on your screencard is ment only for outgoing signals..

Best regards