1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aiwa standalone an Nero

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by Finchy, Feb 12, 2003.

1. Finchy

Finchy Guest

Please take note of the advice given on the DVD2one site. DO NOT USE NERO.
    Burned 6 DVD2one movies with Nero. They all work in my XBOX, PS2, but not my Aiwa Home Cinema System.
    Same files burned with Prassi work on all of them.

2. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

I have had a prob yesterday backing up Matrix.
    First after using DVD-decrypter I used DVD2one to reduce the size from 5gb to 4.7gb to put it on one DVD+r.
    I allways first burn to DVD+rw and look at the results. If its fine I burn again to DVD+r.
    The prob yesterday is that the +rw works fine on the PS2. Then when I wanted to burn it to a DVD+r I got a write error (2x) in Nero.
    I use Nero 5.5.9.17 DVD-video option.
    Is Nero the problem ??? Or .... ??

Last edited: Feb 12, 2003
  3. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

It is the way you use Nero that is important. Avoid the Wizard.

There is a guide to doing this is the forum on DVD2ONE here, but basically, you should launch Nero, then ignore the wizard, compile new DVD using DVD-VIDEO icon, leaving all default settings as they are, then open your red VIDEO_TS file and drag and drop the files there.

I know there are other pieces of software out there , but as Nero works using this method and is extremely popular, I wanted to make a method.

So far I have had 100% success with various DVD-RW and DVD-R, as well as so far 4 stanalone players all from different brands, some as old as the Philips 622!

Paul.

4. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

That's exactly what I did and allways do (ignoring the wizard and create new DVD video_ts).
    Mayby it's the Nero 5.5.9.17 version.
    Should I update to 5.5.10.7b or does this version has probs ??