1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aladdin Live Help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Munden, Aug 11, 2004.

1. Munden

Munden Member

OK, So I got my xbox and the aladdin live chip without the programmer. I have an xbox 1.0 and I am experienced with soldering. I have followed all the tutorials and everything on xbox-scene and soldered the right points. The D0 gave me a little trouble but that was fine too after about 5 or 10min.

After it was all installed I held down the power button to boot up and when holding it down it just boots normally, green light, normal boot. I have tried many combos like hold and wait a few seconds and let up but to no avail.

Also the blue light does not come on at all. I am almost 100% sure that I soldered the d0 and BT correctly and the L1 and L2 were easy and I am 100% sure they are correct.

What are possible reasons the blue light will not come on at all?

2. JD755

JD755 Member

Did you forget to solder the LPC pins? It a common mistake people forget do this.

3. Munden

Munden Member

That was the problem, I am a complete n00b. Thank you. I am embarassed.

4. JD755

JD755 Member

Its cool. I have a question did your modchip came preflashed?

5. Munden

Munden Member

Actually I am still having problems with it, I think it was supposed to come preflashed but I am pretty sure its not. Now at least that blue light comes on and I think it should work with if I put in some time to figure it out. I am short on time though.

6. JD755

JD755 Member

Will thats the problem I don't know if its preflashed or not. I message the store that sold me the chip and they said that it came with cromwell 2.8(Something like that). But I have my doubts. For some reason when I activate my chip by pressing and holding the power button 3secs the xbox powers up and powers down and power up again. I don't know if there is something seriously wrong with the chip or not. But when I took out the chip and run my xbox it worked fine, nothing wrong.

7. Munden

Munden Member

Thats actually my exact problem and it seems like I can't get it into flash mode... It goes power on, off, on, off, on and the hard drive light flashes red/green and stays on. Is that the same thing as you?

Also if it keeps just shutting off and stays off it could be overheating. I had a cord caught in a fan and it autoshutdown at first until i removed it.

8. JD755

JD755 Member

Yeah sounds like the same thing. Where did you get your chip from?

9. JD755

JD755 Member

Whats your xboxs specs?

10. Munden

Munden Member

mod-chip.com is where i got my chip. aladdin live. and my xbox is a 1.0 with same dvd and HD given.

11. Brice123

Brice123 Member

hey, I bought an aladdin chip for that same site. I could swear I paid extra for a solderless chip but it wasn't solderless when i got it. It took forever how to figure out how to install it just right. Then when I finally installed it right, now blue screen as everyone talks about....just regular boot up. I get the led light up....hold the power button for 1 second and it goes red then green i think, hold it for 2 seconds it goes red orange green...or something like that....hold it for 3 it goes red orange green then shuts down and boots back up on its own and flashes green i think. I am almost 100% sure I installed it right. I think its just not preflashed, which i could swear it said it was on the site. I have had the worst time trying to make a boot disk of evox....I know I am doing it right....I think the chip just doesn't work.....and it looks like its a knockoff chip or something because every picture I go to look up doesn't have the same writing or anything on it. That website is a scam. If I were you I would buy a modded xbox from this guy (biggapicture@aol.com)...he sells xboxes with 250gb hard drives and 50 xbox games preloaded and over a thousand old skool games which include all the super nintendo games. He sells them for 450 plus 30 for shipping. For 40 bucks more you can get 300 nintendo 64 games on a dvd and 45 bucks more 900 sega genisis games. I think its a great deal....its the cost of buying 10 xbox games...take my advice...don't take the risk of modding yourself just buy it with games and stuff already loaded on it.

12. Munden

Munden Member

Soldering is easily reversable to anyone mildly skilled in soldering so its no risk for me. I know it says tap for normal boot, hold for 2 seconds for flash protected mode and hold for 3 for flash enabled mode. My problem is if i tap, hold or hold for a long time i get the same boot everytime. It starts up, shuts down, starts shuts down, starts and stays on and flashes red/green with a black screen.

13. Brice123

Brice123 Member

I had an xbox do that sorta....mine just kept starting up and shutting down....I have a wire in the wrong place...I think thats what it was.

By chance, not sure if you would know...but that same xbox...I eventually took the chip out of it and it would work fine for about 30 seconds and then it would turn off, did i burn the motherboard while removing it...or is there extra solder left over that is connecting some curcit? Thanks

14. jtn

jtn Member

I am having the exact same problem. I installed an exectutor lite chip. It worked fine for a couple of weeks but now it shuts down by itself whether the chips is one or not? Nothing on the board looks fried.
    Anyone have any solution?

15. Munden

Munden Member

I still have not figured mine out yet.