1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aladdin live help??????

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by vizion316, Oct 29, 2004.

1. vizion316

vizion316 Guest

am new to this mod thing and can't figure out what I did wrong. My xbox version is a 1.5. Samsung DVD ROM. I can start the xbox normal and play orignals fine, but when I start from the chip I get four options: 1) load bios from disk 2) load bios from hdd 3) unlock hdd 4) lock hdd. My chip is write protected. When I try to load a bios from hard drive I get this error: loading failed :( halting. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I can lock and unlock my hard drive but thats about it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. PS My bios on my chip are chromwell 2.6.

2. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

is your BIOS the right size for your chip? I have never used an aladin before but if its the same as an x2.3 then it will not flash if its only 250kb you need to change it to 512kb, if this is the case then download xbtool from http://www.xboxscene.net and use that to change the BIOS into a 512kb BIOS then send that to your xbox HDD and flash that.

3. vizion316

vizion316 Guest

Do I really need to flash my bios in order to play backups and imports? Or do I have a setting wrong? Could I even get to that first screen if my chip is not installed correct?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2004
  4. medo1985

medo1985 Guest

hey vizion did u solve ur problem cuz I have the same problem too,except i tried to flash it with x2_4983 bois and the xbox found the new bois then it wrote halting and the bois upgrade stoped please could somebody heeeeellllp!!!

5. vizion316

vizion316 Guest

Yes I finally fixed my problem. I had to get an external programmer. The newer Aladdin live chips are write protected. So you can no longer flash with a cd. You can buy a programmer for $12 at certain web sites.

6. medo1985

medo1985 Guest

thanks vizion,I'll buy the programmer but u could just tell me did the led turn from orange to green as soon as u release the power button ,and the chip's blue led is always on??am asking this just to make
    sure my connections r ok cuz the site i bought the chip from said it was programmed with the latest bios?!

7. vizion316

vizion316 Guest

medo1985, Yes the led on your chip should be blue, and the one on your xbox should be orange when you boot your mod chip. If your connections were wrong you would not get the chromwell bios. The reason the last bios don't work with backups is because they are not designed to. On a side note, you need to connect a ground wire to a spot on the programmer to the bt port on the modchip. Also make sure both the lpt port on the back of your main board and the usb are both connected right. They both have to be connected. Here is a link to see where to hook the ground wire to on the programmer: http://www.project-design.com/aladdin/download/BTtoGND.jpg Hope that helps.