1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aladin chipped x box,,,,help needed

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by sixthsens, Oct 20, 2004.

1. sixthsens

sixthsens Member

Hi all this is my first post here, and im totally xbox modded brain dead so please bare with me if i dont make much sense....ok here goes...

I brought a new x-box last year and got fed up with my son and my nephews wrecking my games, so on my freinds advice i got my x-box chipped. I had the aladin chip fitted , but since ive had it chipped though im having nothing but trouble..

I was told to activate the chip i had to keep my finger on the power button , when i do this the LED
    goes orange and stays orange...Should it stay orange?

When i load my evox screen up and insert one of my backed up games in the drive , it comes up that theres a game in C: , but when i click on the option saying PLAY GAME FROM DVDROM DRIVE / RESET the led goes back to green and the x-box reboots....so how do i play a game from my evox screen with an aladin chip??

half my back ups work but half of them refuse to load up or when they do load up it takes ages and keeps telling me the disk is damaged or dirty, the cdrom on my x-box is a phillips could this be the problem..??

any help on this would be greatly appriciated
    massive thanks in advance

P.S all the back ups that dont work on my x-box work on my mates and he can play games from his evox screen

2. sixthsens

sixthsens Member

have any of you got any ideas or advise thanks

3. gtaxbox

gtaxbox Regular member

The LED is supposed to stay yellow. It means the chip is on. What version Xbox is it?

Have you tried contacting whoever modded it for you with regarding the problem?

To me, it sounds like a bios problem, specially if your Xbox is a v1.6

4. sixthsens

sixthsens Member

thanks for the reply, how do i check what version x-box i have... And how do i now if its a bios prob?

If it is a bios problem how would i go about fixing it

Thanks again

5. sixthsens

sixthsens Member

ok i followed the link to find out my version and its
    V1.2-v1.3 don't now what bios i have as on settings it says version unknown... How do i find out what bios i have and where to i go from there ...

massive thanks again