1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alcohol 120% help

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by ronyap, Mar 20, 2007.

1. ronyap

ronyap Member

Right, I have used this programme to burn isos and its fine. One day, I wanted to use this program to copy a data disc which is DVD-R (not iso) exactly onto another disc. So I insert the disc I want to copy, and then use the 'Copy Wizard' if I remember correctly. When it finishes (got the .mds and mdf file), it tells me to insert 'an blank media' or something (yes it does say 'an blank'. So, I insert a DVD-RW. This doesn't work, as it says it is not formatted, (afterwards, I realised that this disc is corrupt). So, I insert a brand new DVD+RW, it says: 'Unformatted disc', so, I insert a disc that IS formatted and then it says: ' This disc is not blank'. I mean, WTH man, what does it want? Since this copied disc is only gonna be temporary I want to use an RW. But, in the end, I had no other option but to insert a DVD-R. I had a feeling that you have to insert the esame type of disc (-/+/R/RW) for it to work. And it did work.

For future reference, is it possible to copy a data disc onto another disc of a different format?

Thanks.

2. Corypolo

Corypolo Member

Hi ronyap

"For future reference, is it possible to copy a data disc onto another disc of a different format?"

Sure. For example, I've taken a cd image (bin/cue) and copied them onto a dvd blank.

But I don't play with ReWriteables; I've found them to be bad business in general. I've only heard of a friend of mine having modest success using them to save his progress on a PowerPoint document.