1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alcohol 120% image

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Tank6, Nov 11, 2003.

1. Tank6

Tank6 Member

When burning an image to a disc trying to back up a PS2 game with A120% what type do you use MDS,CCD,CUE,ISO,BWT, or CDI? does it matter? what works best?

2. Fearkid

Fearkid Member

Your trying to burn a ISO image so therrfore use ISO.

3. leet74

leet74 Member

if your just burning an image that you already have then you must select say "ISO" if the image you have is an "ISO"

if your using alcohol to make your image then you select "MDS" for image type for alcohol to save to your HDD

4. Tank6

Tank6 Member

thanks, im trying to figure out how to backup ps2 games using the swap magic method its takin me awhile. anyother advice would be nice.

5. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I would say try Nero,Cdrwin,and Record Now Max because they are easier than Alcohol 120%.If the games are scratched all up maybe it would be wise to back them up with Alcohol but other than that if you just want to make backups of games.All you have to do is make a exact copy from one of the programs I listed above and make sure you burn at 1X just to be safe so you don't get bad burns.When your using alcohol you have to select a option off of it should be on extra emulation in the options.You need to pick the Bad Sectors option nothing else checked.Peace L-Burna

Last edited: Nov 11, 2003