1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alcohol 120% v1.3.5.1112

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by cameronf, Nov 18, 2002.

1. cameronf

cameronf Guest

Has anybody tried this s/w?? I have been unsuccessful it getting it to work completely. As well, it makes a done of files to be copied!!

Any info would be appreciated - especially if this s/w is crap!!

Hopefully not, because it works really quick!

Thanks

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

No this software definetly isnt crap!!!

Whats your problem???

3. cameronf

cameronf Guest

I am using the trial version. The first time I treid it at the writing the image to HD stage, there was an error. Now I have successfully written a 3hr movie to the HD. The movie is in one big piece with chapters. However, I cannot get the software to burn to disk. The program doesnt recognize my CDRW. I loaded the image to the virtual drive - great quality! I am wondering if the trial version does not allow CDR burning?? I have a LG Electronics 32*10*40 CDRW and use Windows XP.

I don't know. The s/w looks great and it is quick. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

4. Dela

How big is the image on your hard drive?

5. cameronf

cameronf Guest

The image is 7.4GB - Godfather III

6. Dela

I see you haven't read any guides at afterdawn at all. That image is WAY to big!!!

You can only fit 700mb on a cd-r (800 vcd), even a dvd-r can only store 4.7g. Click DVD on this page and start reading! (I suggest Video CD as a start!)

7. cameronf

cameronf Guest

Actually, I have all the guides. I understand that fact. I am trying to get a s/w that will let me make VCDs that work properly. I dont know why, but I have had problems with SVCD(freezing frame or the program has errors in the process). This s/w would not recognize my burner even after I made it my "favorite burner" in the options.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2002
  8. Dela

Look for a prog called, Backup DVD. Might be a little hard to find but it will do the trick. I dunno what it costs but you can be sure you'll have to pay for its full use.