1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alcohol 120 won't backup Soul Calibur 2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by makkena, Feb 8, 2004.

1. makkena

makkena Member

Hi, I recently purchased SOul CAlibur 2 for the ps2. I tried to backup it up with Alcohol 120. I created an image for it. THat was no problem. But when I tried to write it onto the DVD-R, about 75% , it stops and say error. THe same thing happened when I tried to backup Legacy of Kain: Defiance.
    I am using a Lite-On LDW-851S
    with Memorex DVD-R 4X
    with Alcohol.

Is there a special way to backup these 2 games?
    ANy help would be appreciated.

thanks

2. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

seems like the problem might be your burner not the program, ive backed up that game with no problems, and many more with alcohol 120%..again, you might wanna try burning at 1x see if that cures the problem, and dont have any other programs or applications running when you are in the burning process. if you still get no results, you might wanna give dvd decrypter a try, thats my personal favorite when it comes to backing up ps2 games, it does the same thing as alcohol does, it stores the game in your hd, and than dumps it of to your blank disk, try it, its free! get the guide here.

3. makkena

makkena Member

thanks, unfortunately, I have tried DVD decryptor. WHen I created the image, it was fine. But when I tried to write the image, it eventually gave me the same kind of error. It says, "cyclic redundancy check error." Oh, alot of the other games i've burned was fine

4. mickz

mickz Member

I have successfully backed up Soul Calibur 2. I backed up the game using Nero, a Fujifilm DVD-R, and my Sony dual DVD drive. I also burnt the game on 1x. It took about 55minutes to burn the game from the image.

5. vvha

vvha Member

I think if you use good quality media and have a decent drive burning at 4x is fine. All my backups (about 10 total) were burned at 4x in my NEC nd1300a with Ritek G04's and they all work perfectly. Why burn at 1x when it's possible to come out with the same product in 1/4 the time?

6. CLiPsEmX

CLiPsEmX Guest

Hmmmm...I backed up the game with my liteon 411s burner. You could try reinstalling the program and see if that works. The only other thing that you could try is updating the firmware. Go to this page...
    http://www.liteonit.com/ODD/english/english-load-firmware.htm
    Also burn to a low speed, 1x or 2x

7. makkena

makkena Member

Hi again, I've only used so far, GQ, Memorex, and Lite-On brand DVD-Rs, I'm going to get some FUJI DVD-Rs today, let's hope that works. Oh, I already have updated the firmware. What's weird is that IT ALWAYS gets an error at about 79.1% of burning in Alcohol. Every single time, the burner starts making weird sounds at about that point. Other games burn fine, only this game and Legacy of Kain: Defiance.

8. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

thats problaby becaus alcohol 120% is having a hard time reading that sector. check the game, is it dirty?, scratched?.. you might wanna but this scratch remover call gamedoctor, or skipdoctor.. its very good in fixing games that are scratched.. because if you burner is burning other games fine.. im thinking the problem is your game..ive had scratched games in the past that neither alcohol 120% or dvd decrypter could fully read.. but i apply the gamedoctor, and than they are able to fully read the whole game.. maybe thats your problem, i dont know just a tought

9. makkena

makkena Member

thanks for your reply, nope, the game is brand new. that's what worries me. I'm crossing my fingers that it is the brand of media I'm using that's not working, and not the burner. I got some FUJI discs today. hopefully, that'll work.

10. makkena

makkena Member

ok, the FUJI DVD-R did not work, and I know why now. My friend suggested to me this. My main drive is C:\ drive which is FAT 32. Soul Calibur is more than 4gigs, so I have to rip it to my other drive which is NTFS. The problem is that my other drive is corrupted, that's why every game that I put on that drive can never be burned onto a disc. The "cyclic redundancy check error" always happens at around 79 %, is probably because the drive cannot transfer that much information. I'm waiting for a new drive to test again.