1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alcohol 120%

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by hbkhhh69, Nov 5, 2004.

1. hbkhhh69

hbkhhh69 Member

I have Alcohol 120% and I was wondering how to rip the PS2 game. I don't have Swapcard and boot discs yet and the one I am getting it says its v3.0, the boot discs. Alright so I want to backup a game. Can I just make the image and then burn it? What media works best for burning a ps2 game. I have been seeing that lots of people have probelms loading the game after startup screen, or defects like the road disappears. I want a perfect copy because media is expensive. And is it ok for me to get the 3.0v boot discs with the slidecard?

Last edited: Nov 5, 2004
  2. zak_81

zak_81 Guest

When using Alcohol 120% you can make an image then burn it. As long as you don't have a PS2 v9 or 10, swap magic v3.0 wil work fine. As far as media, I only use Verbatim DVD-R's. Others use Ritek media which is supposed to be good for PS2 backups. You can search the forums for more info on media. And the defects you described are usually caused by bad media or a bad burn. Hope this helps.

3. Diesel04

Diesel04 Guest

I've went through Ritek DVD-R and Verbatim DVD-R and none of them have work. I have a version 4 PS2 also. My PS2 will only read DVD+R when it comes to backing up games and movies.

4. hbkhhh69

hbkhhh69 Member

Alright so movies work in DVDr format only. Not svcd or vcd. I think I have a version 4 or 3 ps2 I'll have to check. Bootdiscs v 3 and 3.2 are the same except for v9 of the ps2. I will be getting the paranoid release and backing it up I don't know which media on. But I will try to use Ritek Ridata G04 (silver matte?)

Last edited: Nov 6, 2004
  5. hm1

hm1 Regular member

Riteck GO4 (Rivision, ARita, Ridisc)

Ridata also works.

Mod chip is the best all round

Messiah 2 everytime