1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

alcohol 120%

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by handrail, Apr 22, 2005.

1. handrail

handrail Member

downloaded a trial version of alcohol 120%. put a game in my drive i wanted to back up. used clonyxxl to find out the protection.(safedisc v2).started up alcohol, picked the drive the disc was in but it does'nt give me the option to put in the protection type. i have read all the guides and i can't see what i am doing wrong. is it because alcohol is a trial version and you can't copy protected discs with this version. can someone out there help me

2. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

Thats odd...what would be the point of a trial if you can't use all the festurres??

Just to double check, but when you select Image making Wizard and CD/DVD device, you need to select the drive that the game is in.

We shall start out basic then take it step by step to figure out the problem.

3. handrail

handrail Member

step by step i opened up image maker , clicked on the drive the game was in ,got up the info about the game, read speed maximum,
    disc type dvd rom (region all)
    recordable no volume label MOHPA
    session 1
    track 1
    free space 0000000 0mb (000.00.00)
    used space 02074752 3.96gb (461:03:27)
    i get three more options
    seperate image file every
    skip reading errors
    data position management
    i don't get the option to click data type but when i click on another drive i get all the options but no info
    i clicked next any way created an image and burned that to a dvd but it does not work keeps coming up ,unable to find dvd rom.
    i also tried blindwrite ,created an image ,burned it to dvd but i still get that message unable to find dvd rom. the game is medal of honor pacific assault.

4. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

some people (not me) has had success burning DVD based PC games to a DVD-+R, But I see more issues with this than actual success.

If you wanna play the game without the original then I would suggest creaating the image then mounting the game with daemon tools.

You could also try (if you have the updated version) changing the book type to DVD-Rom In the Recording options

Any more questions feel free to ask.