1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alien VS Predator (Lots of adverts) removal question

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by PBabble, Mar 14, 2005.

1. PBabble

PBabble Guest

I just got hold of the rental Alien VS Predator, and after DVD shrink analysed it, the compression was around the 70% mark, but at the start of the DVD there is loads and loads of adverts, and I'm sure if I can find a way to remove them, I'd get 100% full DVD quality or near that mark.

I found they are all in the extra's folder but the features on the menu have nothing to do with the extra's folder. I'm not the best using the re-author bit apart from just sticking the movie on. If I drag and drop the menu's folder DVD shrink will say that the menu buttons will be removed and instead be converted to a video clip unless I use the full mode.

Is there a way to preserve the film and menu buttons after completly taking out the ads?

2. zippyd

zippyd Active member

[​IMG]

you can use the still feature option to remove extras in the full disc mode to save compression and keep menus...

3. PBabble

PBabble Guest

Trouble is Still Images doesn't remove them completly, so if I played the Shrink Image at the start, I just get loads of "The Video has been removed" pics come up with the duration of the ads.

I need the DVD image to just start with the menu, if you know what I mean!

I've started playing about with Any DVD, and that has an ad removal option. Quite new to it at the moment, I think that does the job properly

4. pavement

pavement Member

Hrmmmm...that is a tricky one. While there's no way to preserve menu functionality with a shrink reauthor, I've found that you can just burn the main title to hard drive, make your own menu images with photoshop or similar programs, and then combine the two using Nero Vision Express or Ulead, etc. complete with your own soundtrack. This of course is not going to be your preferred solution for every crap movie with commercials at the beginning, but, Ive found that if you really like the movie, a personalized dvd can be a neat alternative to those ads.

5. wild77

wild77 Guest

pavement

Thanks for that tip!I do all my movies with Shrink and Recode as Main Movie Only.I never thought about using Nero vision express to do a custom menu.

6. henryting

henryting Regular member

PBabble
    Hi,
    CloneDVD2 has the function to maintain the menu with actual movie.

7. PBabble

PBabble Guest

Thanks henryting! Just downloaded Clone DVD 2 and it's great. I unchecked all the advert and Trailers not related to the menu's, and it got rid of them on the image file! I did notice the chops at the start, but after 5 seconds it started on the main menu. There were a few trailers that linked with the Inside Look section, but all the pointless adverts are gone and got nearly the full quality I wanted!

8. henryting

henryting Regular member

PBabble,
    You are welcome. To let know AnyDVD pair with CLONEDVD2 made a execellent tool for dvd ripping especially the speed.
    You can see it and feel it too.

9. hursty

hursty Active member

the latest anydvd(4.5.8.10 has the option to remove unwanted adverts
    it allows you to skip to the main title menu