1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All confused....

Discussion in 'PS2' started by mage66, Oct 4, 2003.

1. mage66

mage66 Guest

Ok, here's my question,
    Does using the slidecard method with a gameshark work with a v7 playstation?
    If it does, then will a gameshark v2 2.12 work for this method??

Thanks in advance,
    -Mage

2. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I think it works but you would have to use the cdloader and swap magic to get it to work.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2003
  3. mage66

mage66 Guest

Is it possible to use the new Cdloader (for v7) without the Swap magic discs and just Gameshark?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2003
  4. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Yeah sorry to say but you need the swap magic discs.The swap magic makes the games boot.
    This is I think how you use it with gameshark.
    1.Insert SM(CD)
    2.When it says insert game just put in the cdloader.
    3.When cdloader loads up press Square button to switch it to NTSC now press the tray button and put in the swap magic CD in hit X button.
    4.It should say Insert game in EA method using the swap trick put in your gameshark.
    5.Now when you are at the game you want switch off some of the codes you want and turn them back on.
    6.When you go to start the game the screen should say updating code list.While it is doing that swap trick the gameshark out and put your game in and it should play.

If not ask me again and I will tell you another way.Oh very good advice make sure you get the cog/knife cdloader not the regular cdloader one should be off of ps2ownz somewhere.They also have a forum there on getting the gameshark to work with swap trick.Answer back if it doesn't work and I will give you another solution because I use the fliptop method but I heard the swap trick works.

5. mage66

mage66 Guest

Thanks for the quick replies!
    I've decided to wait and get Swap Disc 3.0 when it comes out and a flip top!
    Thanks Again!
    -Mage66