1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

all my backups freeze

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by 2fastTSi, Nov 29, 2004.

1. 2fastTSi

2fastTSi Member

I've just recently started to backup my PS2 games and some work better than others, but none of them work right. I'm using Maxell DVD+Rs and I identified them with DVD Identifier to find out they are Ritek, so I'm hoping thats not the problem. I've tried burning NBA 2005, Tiger Woods 2005, Tony Hawk Underground 2, and GTA:SA. Tiger Woods and Tony Hawk will load and let me play, but both will freeze after playing a bit. Audio skips, and it's pretty slow. GTA and NBA won't even load. It will get me to the Loading screen of the game, but freeze before I can do anything. I have a Sony DRU-710A I've tried using Decryptor, Alcohol (trial version) and Nero. I'm using a Swap Magic disc, but all the games at least load, so I dont think that has anything to do with it. My PS2 is a V4. I've tried cleaning and adusting the laser. I burn all my games at 1x. I don't know what else to try. Should I get differnt media? My PS2 is kind of old also, but it still works great with the originals. I can't really afford to spend money on a new one. So I'm trying everything I can before I have to. Any suggestions?

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

have you tried -r discs?

3. maulucci

maulucci Member

also have you put labels on your disks. after I took of all my labels my games worked great(no more skipping or long loading times) mainly gta:sa also I use +r's

Last edited: Nov 30, 2004
  4. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

I use HP 4x dvd+r's burnt at 1x with my v4 ps2 and they work perfectly.

5. 2fastTSi

2fastTSi Member

There are no labels on any of my games. I haven't tried -R discs yet, but I'm probably going to do that next. I really hope it's not my PS2!!