1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

all new to ps3, need some help?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by shanemb, Dec 29, 2007.

1. shanemb

shanemb Regular member

i just bought a ps3 and was wondering how to do some things, i have a psp 3.40oea and the ps3 is version 2.00

can i use them together some how???

also can i exchange data (dvd backups,music,video's,etc) to and from my personal computer to the ps3, either from a memory stick or wi-fi (internet)???

2. marcusita

marcusita Regular member

These questions are asked over and over and over again,i really dont understand why people cant be bothered to do a search in AFTERDAWN on the subject before starting a thread its not like its very difficult.

But as i like helping people i will help you on this subject,read the post i left in this thread concerning the PS3-PSP relationship.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/600615

And concerning exchanging data from your computer,yes you can,you can put,music,videos and pictures from your PC on a memory card and put them on your PS3,you can also network the two.

3. shanemb

shanemb Regular member

yes i have read that before, so someone said that i will need 3.50 or higher on my psp to use with the ps3????????

if so can i jump straigh from 3.40oea to the latest M33???

and then it will work, yes?

4. marcusita

marcusita Regular member

You will need firmware 3.50 to use remote play or if your wanting to play PS1 games via remote play youll need 3.80.

Im not sure about jumping straight from 3.40oea to the latest M33,but i will search AFTERDAWN or GOOGLE and let you know.

5. crazydogy

crazydogy Member

on your psp history you said that you fully bricked your psp, does that mean that you couldn't enter the recovery menu and you couldn't turn on your psp, if thats so, how did you fix it cuz my psp is fully bricked and i was running on 3.72m33 can you help me out.

6. marcusita

marcusita Regular member

It also says on his that he didnt fix it,he just bought a new one.

7. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

Create yourself a Pandora's battery. There's guides on AD.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/580254

8. marcusita

marcusita Regular member

I found this site giving a tutorial on the subject,but make sure you read up on the whole thing first.
    http://www.stylemo.com/?p=109&cp=14

9. shanemb

shanemb Regular member

thanks for the link, i will upgrade when my battery is charged, also i just downloaded dvdfab decrypter, to backup some dvd's, do you know if i can send that to my ps3 to watch, or do i need to convert the file to mp4 or something after ripping?

10. marcusita

marcusita Regular member

You would need to convert them,also if you update the PS3s firmware to 2.10 you will be able to watch Divx movies on it.

11. shanemb

shanemb Regular member

i downloaded ps3 video 9 and cant work the settings out, iv been at it for 2 hours now, and when i put the memory stick in the ps3 after converting, the picture is so crap and blocky.

can anyone help me with the settings please?

12. shanemb

shanemb Regular member

just put 3.52 M33-4 on psp, and went to use it with ps3 and the ps3 said that i need to update the ps3 to 2.10???

so i tried updating through ps3, and it was taking way to long (17% in 1 hour) so i tried through pc using direct DSL and that was a bit better but still way to long, and it paused?

every time i go on the internet about sony psp,ps3 sites are realy slow, does anyone know where i can dowload from a reliable source?

Last edited: Dec 30, 2007