1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All of a sudden no sound on conversion and TMPGenc will not author...why?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by MsLoveLee, Jun 11, 2007.

1. MsLoveLee

MsLoveLee Member

Hi,

Im not new at converting files from avi to dvd format and burning the files to dvd and watching my files on my dvd player.

I have the following programs

DVD Decrypter
    Decompress.exe
    Mainconcept Mpeg Encoder 1.6
    VOB blanker
    TMPGenc DVD Author 1.6
    Nero 7

I all of a sudden was unable to go from encoding my avi, mpeg 1, mpeg 2 files straight to TMPGenc to author without losing the sound.

Is there a codec or plug in for Mainconcept? Is there a different kind of avi to dvd encoder I could use?

So, I asked around and found Decompressor.exe but for some reason the sound conversion might go through but with other files when I go to Author it will not accept the file. Then if I just try encoding without the decompression it says I need the plug-in. I downloaded the plug in but can not afford it...is there anyother way? How do you know when you have to use decompressor.exe? Why are the files starting to come out with this sound issue? Are there any suggestions to be able to convert with out so many steps and problems?

I saw other threads similar but none of them answered my questions. I'd appreciate some feedback as my hair is half gone...lol

Last edited: Jun 11, 2007
  2. attar

attar Senior member

This program will output a standard DVD folder from an AVI.

http://dl.afterdawn.com/vsoDivxToDVD_setup_v0.5.2b.exe
    Import the file(s) (AVI, MPEG, VOB)
    Output (standard DVD file format) to a folder on the HDD.
    Set 'Aspect' to 4:3 (if you have a regular tv)
    Set 'Standard' to NTSC (if you live in North America)