1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ALL OF A SUDDEN video skipping in games

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by sungard, Nov 28, 2004.

1. sungard

sungard Member

ok heres the deal ive never had any issues backing up games before but all of a sudden my games video specificly R skipping audio as well the solution to this would be burn at a slower speed or better media right well ive done this already I use verbatim and burned at x1 i use record now max make the image burn the image easy enough is anyone else having this or any other type of issue like this any advise would be very helpful thanks

2. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

Is this with all games now or just certain games?
    Whats your boot method?

3. sungard

sungard Member

swap magic discs and flip top the games this happnes to is very random if i had to point out a few this was happening on starwars battle front deer hunter R a few that this has happened to

4. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

5. sungard

sungard Member

i am actualy familiar with that site but as i far as i knew the cd loader or dvd loaders were more for bypassing diff types of protection these games dont appear to have protection its just the video and audio the only thing i can think of is maybe my ps2 laser is starting to go really dont know its kinda weird

6. Stoan

Stoan Member

What kind of dvd are they burned to?

7. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

8. sungard

sungard Member

they are burned on verbatim dvd-r i have deff noticed a diff between dvd+r and dvd-r i had a similar problem with the last GTA game vice city i had burned it on a +R and the game skipped during play then i burned it on a -R and it worked great but this time it is on a -R so im not sure

9. teggy

teggy Regular member

First off, I have had that problem. Many times with audio and video problems it just needs to be rebooted. It happened with R&C3 for me and LOTR:TTA. Stupidly I burnt R&C3 again only for the audio to skip... I just rebooted it again and hey presto it worked.(yes both times I was using dvd loader)

Always try booting it again or else try dvdloader. Even if it aint listed on swapmagicfix give it a try.

GTA:SA my burnt copy sucks. graphics dissapear and I have to do nothing for them to come back for a few minutes, it always takes me about 3 attempts to get that game to boot as the audio on the rockstar logo screens skips, anytime that happens it just freezes on the loading screen.

Battlefront doesn't need loader. I play it without it, well my friend does and I played it, but it sucks.

10. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

Does your friend use swap magic?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2004
  11. teggy

teggy Regular member

Yes indeed he does, and so do I. Both machines are v1-6. The isn't DNAS patched either. It sucks though, but it's odd though that ppl say loader is needed when it's not(well it's not for my friend anyways)

12. sungard

sungard Member

see that is so weird cause my LOTRTTA work perfect no video skip nothing but everytime i go to put derr hunter in skips all over the opening video audio is just messed and then i go to do battle front and that game is just no particular place its more just at random times in the game the music will stop or something like that

13. teggy

teggy Regular member

The third age audio only skipped once. I don't play it anymore as well it sucks. But I guess my friend hasn't experienced any audio skipping with battlefront yet. Maybe that is what dvdloader is for to stop the skipping.