1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

all of it

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by noahe, Nov 18, 2004.

1. noahe

noahe Member

ok so, it seems like burning svcd/vcd's is a field where everyone has there own way of doing things and there are lots of different answers.. and I would say this is a stupid question but no question is stupid so

I've got a cracked version of Nero 5 that doesn't have any converting tools, RecordNow, and vcdeasy, and vcdgear3. What is the easy way to burn avi, mpeg files using the above programs, aswell as whatever else you recommend, so that it will play on most dvd players

Thank you in advance.

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

My "100% method" may sight seem a bit long, but it is really 100% working.
    With VCDEasy or VCDGear you need the correct mpeg files for your (S)VCD (MPEG-1 or VCDs, MPEG-2 for SVCD). Max 80' of movie fit on a VCD (less in a SVCD, TMPGenc says 'half' but I never tested it).

1) you need the proper mpegs (PAL/NTSC, long not more than 80' and so on). If your movie is already OK (VCDEast/VCDGear will tell you which kind of TV the movie works); if not: encode the movie (e.g. AVI) with TMPGenc (at least 'Motion Searchh Precision = High Quality') and, if needed, with select_range to prepare CD1 (range: 0-F) and CD2 (range: F+1--End (-1 by delault).
    2) prepare a VCD image (cue/bin) with VCDGear of VCDEasy (I prefere this, if you've a registered version, because you've the 'chapters' feature which enacles you to fast skip e.g. 5' every time you clock 'next')
    3) burn the cue/bin at low speed (so even a lousy player reads it well).
    I hope it's OK. Post again if you've more specific issues.
    (Wasn't there already a 'sticky' thread for this at http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/110106 ?)

Last edited: Nov 19, 2004