1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All of my games freeze after i load them,is my PS2 laser fried?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Legion1, Mar 17, 2003.

1. Legion1

Legion1 Member

This happened after my PS2 stopped loading DVD games(DRE),well i keep playing with my PS2 with only CD-R backups(DVD rips)and original Psone games but yesterday i tried playing with my CD-R backups and just one minute after i load them all of my games freezes,but that is not the worst thing in one of those times i tried to load one of my games my PS2 made this really loud sound and i have to turn it off.is my PS2 laser fried?

I have another laser but i dont know how to fit it in my PS2,can you tell how to do it?

2. PrnMan

PrnMan Guest

No. For 2 reasons:

1, You might have a piece of crap stuck to your lazer. No punt intended. You might have put your game on top of a piece of cheese then unknowingly try to play the game.

2, Lasers dont go pop, they dim over time. You know your laser is dying if background music skips or in game movies jam.

3. Legion1

Legion1 Member

Well i think my laser is dying because when i was playing Monster rancher in my PS2 the music skipped a lot and then the game just freezed also when i was playing Romance of the three kingdoms the game freezed in the intro.

I think my laser died because every time i wanted to play a DVD ripped game i have to reset the console a lot to activate the chip(Magic 3)because i think the dude that installed the chip didn't do a good job.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2003
  4. PrnMan

PrnMan Guest

I have installed these magic 3.x chips on several models. If your modded console can do all of the following (just once) then it is not the mod chip and is the laser: boot dvd-r, cd-r, Ps1, DVD Movie.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2003
  5. Legion1

Legion1 Member

Well my PS2 can boot all media(before the laser crapped on me) except DVD-R and Psone backups but it's normal that every time i try to boot a game i have to reset my PS2 10 or more times until the game finnaly boots?