1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All of the sudden problems...Please help

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jerryd3, Mar 10, 2005.

1. jerryd3

jerryd3 Guest

I have burned over 1200 movies with great results. All of the sudden when I goto to open the files I ripped with Decryptor using Shrink, it will begin to analyize and about 10 seconds into it it either freezes or shows nothing but black. just like there is no movie. You can hear a bit of sound {garbled} I tried XCopy Platinum, just for kicks, and it goes through fine but when you play the DVD it just shows their disclaimer and that's it. I tried Decryptor in both file mode and ISO. I have tried two different DVDs with the same problem. I have also just tried to open the disk with Shrink and it still will not read. These are old movies so they do not have any of the newer copy protection. I have AnyDVD and DVD43 running. I have also defragged the HD. These movies will play fine using either my ROM or burner. Any suggestions woulkd be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2005
  2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I'm confused about the question?
    That part I got and then you say this
    So did you actually burn the movie or not?
    I have seen a few people on here have better success with older movies when they turned off AnyDVD or DVD43? Don't know why but they said it worked when they turned those off. Why do you have both of those running anyway? It just seems to me that those would conflict with each other seeing how they both do exactly the same thing..

3. jerryd3

jerryd3 Guest

bbmayo, thanks for the reply. I have not burned these. I simply wanted to verify they were OK so I played them with WINDVD to make sure. I will try and shut down DVD43 and AnyDVD. That's a good idea. There is no reason to run them both but I just never thought of that.
    Thanks again, I'll try it and get back.