1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All of this confusion! Help!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by ak11, Feb 16, 2008.

1. ak11

ak11 Member

Ok. im not sure if i get in on how to install a custom firmware on the psp. I have been looking on dark alex's homepage and a lot of places on the net. heres what i have confusion on. btw i have the official sony 3.71 firmware on a fat psp currently.

is there any thing i would need to add or do when i am installing the 3.71 custom firmware?

would i need to install any previous versions of the firmware? Or would i need an official firmware file to install the custom?

it says in the "3.71M33.rar txt file this....
    ------------
    Requeriments: a fat psp slim with 3.52 M33-3 or 3.52 M33-4. Previous versions of M33 won't work,
    due to a bug that affects them and OE; or a psp slim with 3.60 M33.
    -------------
    that is where that confusion comes in about if i have to install another custom firmware on top on my official 3.71.
    -------------------------
    Also, it says: make sure you have configured the psp to run the game folder in the 3.XX kernel.
    What does that mean?

How do i go about doing all of this to install the 3.71 custom firmware. Please do not link to other websites or forum posts. im confused enough already. Help would be much appreciated. How do you update the firmware as well?

2. 07anto07

07anto07 Regular member

here is an easy guide http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/610313#3685241

3. Feenix888

Feenix888 Regular member

Ok as you have 3,71 OFW you will need to use a Pandora Battery set-up. Use this DvC3

In the code for the OE bugs exist which mean a straight switch from OE>M33 is not possible. It is perfectly possible to get from OE to M33 just not with the paticulary guide you are reading that's all.

When you use CFW you flash new firmware to your PSP which kinda overwrites the previous Firmware. Perfectly safe really so as long as the instructions are followed.

If you really struggle with d/g to CFW there loads of peeps who will do it for you as long as you pay postage for item.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2008